Buses [UKDT] London Citybus 400R (3 Viewers)

Mobitech's (Susan?) sign editor
It's Mobi Info Edit (MIE)
it's a bit of bodge, but it actually worked at all, which was significantly better than the other alternatives that, when we tried to implement them before release, didn't whatsoever.
Did you, at any point, consider Krueger+?

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Did you, at any point, consider Krueger+?
Honestly can't remember... So far as I know, there were 3 main points in picking the display at that stage of development:
  • Implementation time - we were now still fixing major bugs after we'd intended to release, this needed to be something that was going to work quickly.
  • Permissions - I see now that Kreuger+ can be used without any need for permissions, but when looking at display types we couldn't use them if we weren't going to be able to get permission to do so (where required) in the next day or so.
  • Compatibility with other vehicles - almost every bus uses different types of matrix, but we hoped to use one that was at least somewhat compatible with another bus...
As it happened, we were able to use the Busfanat matrix with Mobitech fonts - this was the same as the one in the B9TL, so we knew it worked, Rhys had some knowledge of it, it was compatible with the same HOFs (except where overflow is a thing) and we had permission for it, so it went in.

I do have some WIP scripts for a Hanover Deric+ and signs which work somewhat similarly to the Krüger signs, with the intention that they'd have as much of the real functionality as is possible both practically and without degradation to performance (my initial tests into scrolling text resulted in scrolling text, but also in dropping an empty map's frame-rate from 200+ down to about 30...), but they weren't (and still aren't) ready to be put into the bus, so they didn't make it in. Given the CC0 nature of Krüger+ and my investigation into it hinting at some similarities with what I want to do, I might borrow some code and perhaps make my scripts compatible with Krüger+ HOF files. :)

Last edited:
Honestly can't remember... So far as I know, there were 3 main points in picking the display at that stage of development:
  • Implementation time - we were now still fixing major bugs after we'd intended to release, this needed to be something that was going to work quickly.
  • Permissions - I see now that Kreuger+ can be used without any need for permissions, but when looking at display types we couldn't use them if we weren't going to be able to get permission to do so (where required) in the next day or so.
  • Compatibility with other vehicles - almost every bus uses different types of matrix, but we hoped to use one that was at least somewhat compatible with another bus...
As it happened, we were able to use the Busfanat matrix with Mobitech fonts - this was the same as the one in the B9TL, so we knew it worked, Rhys had some knowledge of it, it was compatible with the same HOFs (except where overflow is a thing) and we had permission for it, so it went in.
I do have some WIP scripts for a Hanover Deric+ and signs which work somewhat similarly to the Krüger signs, with the intention that they'd have as much of the real functionality as is possible both practically and without degradation to performance (my initial tests into scrolling text resulted in scrolling text, but also in dropping an empty maps frame-rate from 200+ down to about 30...), but they weren't (and still aren't) ready to be put into the bus, so they didn't make it in. Given the CC0 nature of Krüger+ and my investigation into it hinting at some similarities with what I want to do, I might borrow some code and perhaps make the system compatible with Krüger+ HOF files. :)
I am trying with a few others to get it working doesnt help when i dont no anything about codes etc but i try my best :)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Tiny update:
Seats. They were split into 4 model files:
  • Seat Backs Upper Deck
  • Seat Backs Lower Deck
  • Seat Fabric Upper Deck
  • Seat Fabric Lower Deck
This was fine. But I needed to re-export the lower-deck seats for both the London and Regional variants to fix a UV-mapping issue, so I thought I'd make some improvements. There are now 8 model files. But that's more! You've made things worse! Well not really. They are now split as such:
  • Seat Backs Upper Deck
  • Seat Fabric Upper Deck
  • Moulded Seat Fabric Upper Deck
  • Seat Backs Lower Deck
  • Seat Fabric Lower Deck
  • Moulded Seat Fabric Lower Deck
  • Wheelchair Seat Back
  • Wheelchair Seat Fabric
This doesn't mean much for the player, but it could mean a lot for the potential modder... now you can remove all of the standalone seats to replace them with your own, without removing the wheelchair seats and moulded seat cushions, so you can add seat configurations like this or this, or just change the seats to a different type more easily (you'll still have to edit the floor/walls to make the shadows match though). :)
The UV-mapping issue? Some of the moulded seats had their texturing flipped, so if you were to put text on them it would come out flipped on only a few seats... all fixed now and will be correct in the next patch. :)
upload_2016-12-4_2-53-58.png

upload_2016-12-4_3-1-18.png

Reactions: SneakyTurtle

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
So given that the C400 is going to be used as AI on Addon London, I thought I'd look into a few AI bugs that people have been experiencing.
First up, AI buses not displaying numberplates correctly. Investigation finds it's not a bug with the bus, but with your AI lists.
I'll point you to the short tutorial/documentation I wrote on the new Omsi 2 AI-Lists just after Omsi 2's release:
Dropbox - OMSI2_ailists_exp.txt
In short, if you specify a fleet number for the buses (which you have to if you want a particular repaint to be used), it must either be in the Nos_E40D.org file or be followed by a defined numberplate string. If it's not in the numbers file and no numberplate is specified, it'll show as fleet number + "AREGASTR..." because Omsi can't find a numberplate to put there.
@danielc2525 probably wants to read this as it should fix the problem for his pack of BotW C400R AI Lists. :)

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The C400R comes with HOF files that work with Cotterell and BotW. For Cotterell you're going to want to use destinations 1801, 1802, 1803 and 1804 and for BotW you'll want 3501 and 3502. For the other maps to work you'll need to copy HOF files into the C400R's folder from buses that do have destinations and it should make the display work. If the displays don't work on any map and other things like the numberplates, fleet numbers or ticket machine text don't show, it would be the case that you've not installed the fonts that come with the download. :)

The C400R comes with HOF files that work with Cotterell and BotW. For Cotterell you're going to want to use destinations 1801, 1802, 1803 and 1804 and for BotW you'll want 3501 and 3502. For the other maps to work you'll need to copy HOF files into the C400R's folder from buses that do have destinations and it should make the display work. If the displays don't work on any map and other things like the numberplates, fleet numbers or ticket machine text don't show, it would be the case that you've not installed the fonts that come with the download. :)
all of the other fonts show but the destination display doesnt show but people still get on

Last edited:

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
My AI C400s don't seem to know what headlights are?
Yeah, my modifications to the lights script for the C400R broke the AI's ability to turn them on or off... :P I've added it to the to-do list for fixes that I need to do for the London C400, so an update to fix that will come out with or just before London. :)

Reactions: OneAndOnly

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
how can I remove the bus speed limiter from 60 mph to no limiter
Depending on whether you want to edit the C400R or C400RX (or both), you'll have to open up engine_constfile_E40D_Euro5.txt and/or engine_constfile_Express.txt respectively. Near the bottom, you'll find this section:
Code:
[newcurve]
speedgov
[pnt]
[pnt]
[pnt]
This results in a maximum throttle curve that's 100% from -100 km/h to 96 km/h and then drops to 0% by 97 km/h. You can change that to a flat line at 100% by changing the definition to this:
Code:
[newcurve]
speedgov
[pnt]
Which will allow the bus to reach previously unattainable speeds, capping out at just over 70 mph where it runs out of gear range... :tongueout:

Depending on whether you want to edit the C400R or C400RX (or both), you'll have to open up engine_constfile_E40D_Euro5.txt and/or engine_constfile_Express.txt respectively. Near the bottom, you'll find this section:
Code:
[newcurve]
speedgov
[pnt]
[pnt]
[pnt]
This results in a maximum throttle curve that's 100% from -100 km/h to 96 km/h and then drops to 0% by 97 km/h. You can change that to a flat line at 100% by changing the definition to this:
Code:
[newcurve]
speedgov
[pnt]
Which will allow the bus to reach previously unattainable speeds, capping out at just over 70 mph where it runs out of gear range... :tongueout:
You're a hero :D thank you so much, that extra 10mph is needed ;) I will adjust the ratios so I can go faster #gottogofast

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread