Buses [UKDT] London Citybus 400R (3 Viewers)

Joshua Horton

Virtual Hub Boxman Josh
Jul 5, 2016
The door script is partly custom, edited such that when the doors are opened the exit is marked open, but the entrance isn't marked open until there are no requests by pax to exit. Basically the same method used to keep the rear door of default buses open until they've finished boarding. You could implement this in other buses if you wanted, but simply replacing the existing scripts with the C400R's one could well break some things, so you should be prepared to do some code splicing. ;)
I have to say, that is some brilliant scripting. Partly because it gives a very realistic look, but also partly because it fills my British obsession of proper queuing :p (I could not believe when I went to Spain how they were pushing past each other at the doors!)

Advertisement

Hi Rhys, whistlehead and Road-hog123,

May I kindly ask if I could help studying the possibility of adding standees on the C400R
by making some modification on the passengercabin_R.cfg?
I haven't start the work yet as I didn't know whether it was permitted, but I believe I could make it, from previous experience of adding standees on Hong Kong OMSI buses. :)

Regards,
Edmund

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Hi Rhys, whistlehead and Road-hog123,

May I kindly ask if I could help studying the possibility of adding standees on the C400R
by making some modification on the passengercabin_R.cfg?
I haven't start the work yet as I didn't know whether it was permitted, but I believe I could make it, from previous experience of adding standees on Hong Kong OMSI buses. :)

Regards,
Edmund
Hi Edmund,

I certainly have no objection to that, though @Road-hog123 is currently working on improvements in time for London, which I think might include standee fixes?

Oct 24, 2016
Cymru
Is it possible to get the 2nd line of the destination matrix to scroll across? I appreciate it might be a code limitation I don't have much of a clue when it comes to where to look in the the code itself.

Only reason I ask is most of the E400's down these parts have the ability (although they don't always use it when they should!) and it would be nice to see that reflected in OMSI.

Joshua Horton

Virtual Hub Boxman Josh
Jul 5, 2016
I was wondering, I made a re-skin (my First "Dazzle" one), and I was wondering who the original author of the First Olympia repaint that came with the bus is. If they are here, can I have permission to release it?
OMSI2_20161106_152427.jpg

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Would anyone know why this happens? When I select 1 or 2 pounds it gives me 5 or 10 pound notes
The bus includes a new money pack called "UKDT_GBP" which has proper models for all of the coins and notes, as opposed to the previous pack which was a reskin of the German Deutschmark, not including all of the coins. As such, when you attempt to use this bus on a map that uses the old money pack, Omsi tries to issue a coin based on an index. This index is the position of that coin in the file. Because the files are not in the same order, the 20p turns into a £5 and the 1 and 2 pence coins both try to issue coins that don't exist in the old money pack and crash Omsi horribly. The only way to solve this issue is to edit the map to change it to use the new money system "Money\UKDT_GBP\UKDT_GBP.cfg" as there is no way for the bus to know not to let you issue a coin that does not exist.
The reason is the same, even if the coins that dispense incorrectly are not. :)

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
Related (possibly stupid) question; how do I issue bank notes as change on the C400R? All the punters are dropping twenties on me and moaning when they get 7 or 8 two pound coins as change.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Related (possibly stupid) question; how do I issue bank notes as change on the C400R? All the punters are dropping twenties on me and moaning when they get 7 or 8 two pound coins as change.
Right now, you don't. I was considering adding that in as a feature but decided against as it was just one more thing to do before release, and it was already getting kind of hectic

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The script I wrote for the cash tray supports dispensing of £5, £10 and £20 notes, however there are no notes to click on. :(

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The C400R might get a small update next week depending on how pressed I am for time. That'll likely be mostly model fixes. At the moment I'm focusing on the London-exclusive C400, which will of course have iBus and aircon. I'm currently working to the premise that the C400 released with London is essentially unpatchable, in the very least there shouldn't need to be a patch for some time after release, so there's not much scope for me to work on changes that only apply to the C400R. There'll be some fixes eventually, but it's not high on the priority list. What I can say for sure is that there will be a patch between now and the release of London as there will be C400R files that will need updating to work with edits to files shared between the two versions. :)

The C400R might get a small update next week depending on how pressed I am for time. That'll likely be mostly model fixes. At the moment I'm focusing on the London-exclusive C400, which will of course have iBus and aircon. I'm currently working to the premise that the C400 released with London is essentially unpatchable, in the very least there shouldn't need to be a patch for some time after release, so there's not much scope for me to work on changes that only apply to the C400R. There'll be some fixes eventually, but it's not high on the priority list. What I can say for sure is that there will be a patch between now and the release of London as there will be C400R files that will need updating to work with edits to files shared between the two versions. :)

Not dramas, Thanks for letting me know. It's an amazing bus :)

This will be the only bus I will drive on the release of south London because it has a scaina version :D

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The destination system in the C400R is supposed to be some sort of Mobitech thing anyway, so you'd need Mobitech's (Susan?) sign editor anyway, not Helen. ;)
The texture used for the background of the Mobitech display shows 230*32 LEDs, but the resolution of the actual display stuff is not the same... it's a bit of bodge, but it actually worked at all, which was significantly better than the other alternatives that, when we tried to implement them before release, didn't whatsoever. :(

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread