Scenery [UKDT] Flora (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
I am also having this issue i have tried putting it in different locations and it still wont work lol
When you chose the place to install it on the wizard did put it in \OMSI 2 or something else? Because I installed it directly into the iomex folder and had to do some rearranging as it's set up in such a way that you just place it in the main OMSI directory and it sorts itself out.

For anyone wondering how to install Flora 3, I installed it by using the recommended directory then I went to the directory copyed the Maps and sceneryobjects folder than pasted into my OMSI 2 directory then it worked. I'd also recommend adding Flora 2 as well if you're looking into adding multiple maps like BotW and Yorkshire 2.0 as some maps require Flora 2 and some require 3

Reactions: AndyFF002

Advertisement

UKDT

UKDT
Apr 1, 2016
Honestly I think there may have been a cock up somewhere with the installer which wasn't noticed - you should only have to spam 'next>', unless you have a nonstandard installation path, yet people have been citing the default installation path.

It was a bit of an experiment anyway, I don't think it's a good fit for us. The motives were because people keep coming to us for other downloads with the same questions over and over again which are plainly in the readme, so this was a way to see how well installers work (which can be used to foist a readme upon the user). Also, believe it or not, we sometimes get people who are even unable to perform a simple drag-drop installation.

I'm going to be tidying up the downloads tonight as it's a bit messy, and I'll reupload this as a traditional .zip as it simply hasn't worked out. For those who still have the .exe and are confused, just install it to temp folder on the desktop and drag-drop as usual.

EDIT:
UKDT Flora packages have been rolled into a single download. You will now be given the choice of which Flora version you wish when clicking 'Download'. Version 3 is now bundled in a .zip archive, rather than an executable.

Map developers - make sure in your readmes you clearly state whether the end user should download 1, 2 or 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: MylesW
Hi! A fantastic set of different types of vegetations you have made. I have one problem though with the ones which sizes can be edited. They do not seem to want to "lean" no matter what I do.
Any ideas how to make them lean like the cube does?

A picture:
A6F39FB3-76FA-459E-B4C0-AC311010102D.jpeg

Advertisement

Hi,
There are a problem with DLC UKDT Flora !
I try download them (firefox or chrome), for the part 1 (exemple) : at 36.1mb / 193mb -> stopped it (with error failure - network error), same problem with part2 & 3 !
It looks like corrupted file... (or security of navigator ?)

Sorry for bad english, i'm Frenche and I use translator !

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,
There are a problem with DLC UKDT Flora !
I try download them (firefox or chrome), for the part 1 (exemple) : at 36.1mb / 193mb -> stopped it (with error failure - network error), same problem with part2 & 3 !
It looks like corrupted file... (or security of navigator ?)

Sorry for bad english, i'm Frenche and I use translator !
No issues here, all three files downloaded and opened fine.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
If you can't get it to work by usual means (clearing cache, etc), then see if there's a map you can download which has flora included. Westcountry 3 has Flora included, but only the assets used, not the full pack. I'm not au fait with other maps, so can't advise on this.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread