Maps [UKDT] Cotterell (2 Viewers)

Advertisement

Hi, I'm aware I'm late to the party but I've been playing on this map for while now but always had the issue of a "green wall" appearing when you are driving from University into Bath and its not there on the return journey. Its not game breaking, I can still drive through it and continue the journey as normal, its just a bit of an annoyance and I don't know what to do about it. Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed?

Advertisement

Hi, I'm aware I'm late to the party but I've been playing on this map for while now but always had the issue of a "green wall" appearing when you are driving from University into Bath and its not there on the return journey. Its not game breaking, I can still drive through it and continue the journey as normal, its just a bit of an annoyance and I don't know what to do about it. Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed?
just go in to the editor and delete it. Thats how i got rid of it

Two things:

1. Does the destination codes work on the Polygon E400MMC? I accidentally found the sheet on the cab back wall with Cotterell destination codes, such as 1018 Bus station and 1118 Cotterell Uni, yet when I press 'D' on the destination unit, it doesn't appear, I have to manually do it in OMSI's own destination pop up window (whatever the word is for it!!)

2. Does everyone get an absolute flood off passengers at the bus station in the mornings? I know the U1 in reality gets absolutely rammed about this time of year (pre COVID years) when U1 extras were out, but after the bus station I run fast to the Uni as I have no room for anyone else, sometimes I can pick up a couple en route but that's all. I might be tempted running a diagram shadowing an AI bus to scoop up the passengers.

I could get the Spetra add on, get the Abus repaint and run U1 extras like Abus did (though a President was used)

I know in freshers term it wasn't unheard of students left behind on Bathwick Hill as Bendys and E400s were too full and couldn't cope

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
Two things:

1. Does the destination codes work on the Polygon E400MMC? I accidentally found the sheet on the cab back wall with Cotterell destination codes, such as 1018 Bus station and 1118 Cotterell Uni, yet when I press 'D' on the destination unit, it doesn't appear, I have to manually do it in OMSI's own destination pop up window (whatever the word is for it!!)

2. Does everyone get an absolute flood off passengers at the bus station in the mornings? I know the U1 in reality gets absolutely rammed about this time of year (pre COVID years) when U1 extras were out, but after the bus station I run fast to the Uni as I have no room for anyone else, sometimes I can pick up a couple en route but that's all. I might be tempted running a diagram shadowing an AI bus to scoop up the passengers.

I could get the Spetra add on, get the Abus repaint and run U1 extras like Abus did (though a President was used)

I know in freshers term it wasn't unheard of students left behind on Bathwick Hill as Bendys and E400s were too full and couldn't cope

When you press the D button, you actually need to enter the destination code. And that dest select window is referred to as the 92E menu I believe.

Advertisement

OverlordMawil

Custom Title
Sep 13, 2016
United Kingdom
That what I was doing, entering the destination as listed in the sheet behind, or is that not the right codes?
That controller (The Hanover EG3) uses the Ziel codes for that. The Ziel codes for Cotterell (1-9) are listed in the Cotterell HOF file. The other two controllers allow you to navigate to 0018 and choose the destinations on the buttons

That controller (The Hanover EG3) uses the Ziel codes for that. The Ziel codes for Cotterell (1-9) are listed in the Cotterell HOF file. The other two controllers allow you to navigate to 0018 and choose the destinations on the buttons

Hmm tried again with the Hanover, the codes on the cab wall should be right, as this is in the Cotterell HOF file in the E400 folder:

[addterminus_list]
{ALLEX} 0 Empty Empty
{ALLEX} 100 Not in Service Not in Service Not_in_Service.png
110 Special Special Special.png
120 Contract Contract Contract.png
130 Bus on Road Test Bus on Road Test Road_Test.png
140 Rail Replacement Rail Replacement Rail_Replacement.png
150 Staff Bus Staff Bus Staff_Bus.png
160 NHS Thank You NHS Thank You Thank_you_NHS.png
1018 Bus Station Bus Station Cotterell\U18_BusStn1.png
2018 Bus Station Bus Station Cotterell\U18_BusStn2.png
1118 University University Cotterell\U18_Uni1.png
2118 University University Cotterell\U18_Uni2.png
1318 Bus Station Fast Bus Station FAST Cotterell\X18_BusStn1.png
2318 Bus Station Fast Bus Station FAST Cotterell\X18_BusStn2.png
1418 University Fast University FAST Cotterell\X18_Uni1.png
2418 University Fast University FAST Cotterell\X18_Uni2.png

So at the Uni I punch in the Route (R) 0018, and the Destination (D) 1018 (which as seen is above Bus Station). the Hanover comes out as 'Blank' and the Blank word is on the blind as well.

I try again, without the route, just the destination, 1018, and again 'Blank'. Used the 92E again in the end.

OverlordMawil

Custom Title
Sep 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Hmm tried again with the Hanover, the codes on the cab wall should be right, as this is in the Cotterell HOF file in the E400 folder:

So at the Uni I punch in the Route (R) 0018, and the Destination (D) 1018 (which as seen is above Bus Station). the Hanover comes out as 'Blank' and the Blank word is on the blind as well.

I try again, without the route, just the destination, 1018, and again 'Blank'. Used the 92E again in the end.
1606320398883.png

That should be the numbers put with the D button, 2 and 3 are for the U18, while 4 and 5 are for the X18 (The codes themselves should display the numbers due to being custom textures if that's how it works idk)

Sep 11, 2016
Are there any plans to develop this further? Ive added in most of the ai routes and rebuilt the bus station so the ai buses dont get stuck but thats about as far as my map making skills go lol. I know there was talk of it but wasnt sure if it was still going on behind the scenes?

Reactions: sland2000
Would be great as it's still my go-to map. I've made a few changes as well (added some petrol stations and lighting, tidied up the roundabout by the "hotel" as I call it, and completed the road loop around the buildings across from the bus station so you can drive all the way around it) but my map making skills are rudimentary at best.

Would be great to get an official update as traffic does tend to get stuck at the train station lights and AI buses dont stop at the bus station

Sep 11, 2016
Obviously the focus at the moment for the team is botw 3 but would be nice to be able to run a few local routes, I love Bath in real life and we are probably moving near there.
I've added in most of the AI routes and I've basically got rid of the bays and made the bus station a straight line so the buses can just pull in, generally works well.
I've also added the loop but not in detail, just so the ai buses can run round it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT586

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread