FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
There appears to be a common theme in the queries in this thread, and the vast majority of them appear to relate to this issue. Has anybody been able to rectify the issue, in order to pinpoint what the root cause may be?
The OMSI UI is unintuitive - the order of the elements implies that first you select a map and then you select how you want to load it, but instead the list of maps changes depending on which item is selected - "Load map without buses" shows all installed maps, while "Load latest state of map" only shows maps which have an auto-saved situation to resume from.
1586286917575.png

It is my opinion that a correctly packaged map does not include an auto-saved situation, as the user has never driven on it before. For this reason I packaged Cotterell without one. However, because the majority of maps include one, users have never experienced a map not showing up until they select "Load map without buses" first. The number of times the question has been posted here simply reflects the use of this thread like an instant-messaging support portal rather than a forum thread that users should read first to see if their question has already been answered.

You refer to "something staring you in the face that you're overlooking"... may I point out that it can't be that obvious if you're unable to pin point the problem?
OMSI 2 looks for maps by searching for files called global.cfg within /maps/ and all subdirectories thereof. When "Load latest state of map" is selected this is additionally refined to only include maps where a file called laststn.osn is present in the same directory as global.cfg.

If Cotterell does not show when "Load map without buses" is selected, then you have not installed the map correctly, as the map directory has not ended up in /maps/. Obviously without access to your computer we can't tell you exactly what you've done wrong, because we don't know where that directory has ended up, if anywhere. Installing Cotterell and the C400R is very simple: the former has 10 directories in the archive, the latter has 3. You copy those directories to wherever you installed OMSI 2. You can find where that is through Steam by right clicking on OMSI 2 in your library and selecting Manage > Browse local files.
1586317565580.png

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
If this map were to be extended, which possible destinations would we include? I'm not hinting at anything as I use Cotterell as a guide on how to perfect the layout of a map from gradients to the invisible junctions.

But where from the University would it go, also from the bus station, which direction?

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
So I really love the map and all, very nice. However, I am not getting any passengers. There isn't anybody waiting for the bus, nothing. In fact there's hardly ever pedestrians too.
Hmm, I haven't gotten that issue before... are you by any chance playing on a Sunday (in-game), or on Christmas Eve/Day?
If you are, maybe that's why no one's showing up.

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
So I really love the map and all, very nice. However, I am not getting any passengers. There isn't anybody waiting for the bus, nothing. In fact there's hardly ever pedestrians too.
Have you tried bumping up the number of 'humans max count' and 'passengers waiting at stations' numbers in the options?
I know that would affect all maps, but it might be worth doing some sort of baseline test to see if it affects anything.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread