UK Buses in ets2?

streamr_yt

Call me Ryan 🙂
Apr 5, 2018
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here on Fellowsfilm would possibly make a UK bus for Euro Truck Simulator 2, since we only have like one scania coach which is RHD. I was thinking in the lines of a city bus, eg. a B7rle Wright Eclipse 2 or B9tl Wright gemini 1. but i mean the choice would be up to you! This could be a nice thing for the future, and would make lots of people happy.

Also if your a map maker for ets2, re-making a UK city so you could drive the bus around it more would be a great idea! :)

- Ryan

Reactions: georgeloxton02

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Im sure it would make loads of people happy, but the way ETS 2 works is to drive lorries around, there would be no doubt endless scripts to be created just to get anything like a bus simulator to work inside it.

You're basically requesting for someone to create another bus sim game, which quite frankly is a bit too much to ask in my opinion.

Reactions: Ddogb
Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here on Fellowsfilm would possibly make a UK bus for Euro Truck Simulator 2, since we only have like one scania coach which is RHD. I was thinking in the lines of a city bus, eg. a B7rle Wright Eclipse 2 or B9tl Wright gemini 1. but i mean the choice would be up to you! This could be a nice thing for the future, and would make lots of people happy.

Also if your a map maker for ets2, re-making a UK city so you could drive the bus around it more would be a great idea! :)

- Ryan
I agree, I wanted this too for a few years, and actually do so still.
But the problem is, as BigOmsiFan said, it's a lot of effort (modelling an entire bus, etc.), with the end result in just driving it around generic European-looking cities that just happen to be located in the UK (as of before the UK enhancement update, anyway). Sure, one could always convert an OMSI 2 bus model to ETS2, but me never actually having completed a bus myself, and knowing next to absolutely nothing about OMSI 2 scripting [aside from like doing a reskin], couldn't do it. Plus, you would first need to get the original author's permission.

I myself wouldn't really mind not having a UK bus for OMSI 2, if literally any bus I installed in the past actually worked.
I have come across one RHD coach mod in the past few days (that had the option of choosing the Scania Touring's cab view), which I do enjoy to drive around the UK, but I think for a proper coach bus experience, we'll just have to wait for Euro Coach Simulator from SCS themselves, so hopefully they'll include UK coaches as well as EU. :)

streamr_yt

Call me Ryan 🙂
Apr 5, 2018
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I have Promods and am aware of the routemaster, however I was on about drivable buses :)

Im sure it would make loads of people happy, but the way ETS 2 works is to drive lorries around, there would be no doubt endless scripts to be created just to get anything like a bus simulator to work inside it.

You're basically requesting for someone to create another bus sim game, which quite frankly is a bit too much to ask in my opinion.
All the functions don't need to work, nor do passengers need to get on, I just thought it would be a nice addition to have a UK bus mod in ets2. If you google bus mods for ets2, you will see that people have made them, so therefore you don't need a whole new game. Although if anyone wants to make a game of course, feel free!