TSW: Great Western Express (1 Viewer)

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
My sentiments to the above; yes indeed and Western Mainlines is the same price. But with Dovetails track record its onto the next DLC and a continually poor base in terms of bugs.

It's always big companies that let things down like this; I love independant artists; time is taken.

Mar 19, 2016
This is still pile of rubbish. FPS are still bad (i7 3.7GHz, GTX 970, 16GB of RAM). The route is short and not even realistic. I live in Slough and buildings near train station don't even look simmilar to the real ones. Why it isn't electrified!? The route in real life is.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Looks wise it looks amazing, but from what I gather, and all the videos of gameplay i've watched they're still getting to grips with the platform of Unreal and Simugraph etc etc. Thing is from listening to Matts twitch on Youtube, the team were working on this at same time as Heavy Haul initially... But why not of held back and made us wait for a UK route. Imo it seems as if they've heard the cries of a UK route and just said here you go, albeit it looks amazing all the trains in it look exact, can't fault the rendering either! Just seems as usual with STEAM games a rush, when you had to commit a game to
a disc and physically distribute it, there was a level of end user quality... All this downloadable content acronym business is a bit like mamsjahaldlrjaaaljsmalKrhs

(I could be wrong, I still will get it eventually)

Feb 4, 2017
I have a question, IRL, does a train driver only operate one type of train? In this, you can alternate between the 166 and the 43, but I imagine irl that'd never happen right? Because they're completely different, in just about every single way. So I'd say a class 43 driver, wouldn't get on a 91 on the ECML because they're not 'type rated' [couldnt think of anything better, I only do planes so...]

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
i know it looks short but just think about it, it has a passenger mode, tutorials, services and scenarios and even freight services so it is worth it for what comes with it!!! i am hopefully getting it today!!
I got TSW and GWR addon but when I launch it it comes up with main menu, I select the session, and then it crashes so could I have some help please? I have an i3 core but OMSI 2 runs just fine and that requires an i5 and so does TSW so it should be fine but someone please tell me recommended settings

Advertisement

AdventureRock123

Transportation and simulation is key!
Nov 14, 2016
United Kingdom
steamcommunity.com
I got TSW and GWR addon but when I launch it it comes up with main menu, I select the session, and then it crashes so could I have some help please? I have an i3 core but OMSI 2 runs just fine and that requires an i5 and so does TSW so it should be fine but someone please tell me recommended settings
the minimum requirements require an I5, i dont know what to say but
1. try and upgrade your CPU
2. search online of different tactics and workarounds
for now.

Yes but OMSI requires i5 but that runs fine apart from occasional lag but omsi is known for that so I have reached a dead end or a T junction with a bus that has a broken steering wheel!!
I don't know where you found that from...I can only find requirements for OMSI stating a dual core processor exceeding 2.6GHz. What clock speed is your i3? If its a low clock, then it'll have problems. Also, what graphics card do you have? Unlike OMSI, TSW is more demanding in the GPU department compared to the CPU department (as far as I'm aware, although I hear its not light on the CPU either). Poor game FPS and stability is often down to multiple factors, not just one, and because your PC may run one game, it doesn't mean it'll run another.

Apr 5, 2016

I had same problem at first, just keep reducing the settings till it works, mine now looks like ts17 instead of the super hd version but it runs, it's trial and error as no 2 systems are the same

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
I do keep reducing the settings!! I have managed to get the station up that I start at but then crash

I will just reduce the settings to minimum when I get a chance and see what happens

I don't know where you found that from...I can only find requirements for OMSI stating a dual core processor exceeding 2.6GHz. What clock speed is your i3? If its a low clock, then it'll have problems. Also, what graphics card do you have? Unlike OMSI, TSW is more demanding in the GPU department compared to the CPU department (as far as I'm aware, although I hear its not light on the CPU either). Poor game FPS and stability is often down to multiple factors, not just one, and because your PC may run one game, it doesn't mean it'll run another.
You are not aware that omsi is known for lag?? Nearly every you tuber that plays OMSI says it!! Also I am fully aware that if my PC has one that runs taht theotber game may not run!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

OverlordMawil

Custom Title
Sep 13, 2016
United Kingdom
If you haven't picked up this game yet... I'd highly recommend it
20171118191423_1.jpg

Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I'll post my specs here as some of the assistance for others is a bit short..

i7 Z97 Haswell Devils Canyon (Runs everything fine)
32gb Corsair RAM Vengeance
SSD Hybrid 2TB Samsung Drive
Zotac 4GB Amp Extreme GeForce 980
Asus Maximus VII Hero Motherboard
K80i Corsair Mechanical Keyboard and
750w OCz PSU

The SSD Hybrid is okay it just transfers data through the buffer quicker but still need a proper SSD.

Reason I posted this is you dont need to worry an i5/i7 is more than capable what matters is your RAM as the more RAM you have the better your system will function. 3-4gb CPU is more than OK.

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
Has anyone seen any shifts made for GWE?
it would be cool to follow like a shift pattern instead of winging it on every platform lol
You could try making your own, it can be quite fun tbh. You start at the nearest train station to the depot, hop on a train to say Paddington or Slough and then take over from there. I've tried it and it's really fun.

Reactions: Ian Barclay
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread