TSW: Great Western Express (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Cauterize1750

#Duuuval
I believe from what I've read of their press info the route extends from Paddington to Reading.
As much as the detail in this looks nice, I can't justify spending the asking price on that short a route

LT586

Living in the editor
What i don't get is why so short and leave it up to others whom I won't name to do an extension. Not knocking it as it looks great but this is way too short

D

Deleted member 422

What i don't get is why so short and leave it up to others whom I won't name to do an extension. Not knocking it as it looks great but this is way too short
Indeed! Paddington to Reading can be done relatively quickly in a HST non-stop. Shame it doesn't continue to Oxford as it does for TS.

Lakitu

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Forum Moderator
Downloads Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Shame it doesn't continue to Oxford as it does for TS.
Ah yes, but I don't think the TS route could be called realistic or detailed or a e s t h e t i c.

This might be shorter, but there's a hell of a lot more detail. Probabaly.

Reactions: ross4122

AdventureRock123

Transportation and simulation is key!
one thing, i hate how now ALL of the GOOD trains are DLC'S so if thats changed then i would consider buying it but im going to steer away from this. but the graphics are a bit eye catching

Lakitu

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Forum Moderator
Downloads Moderator
Premium Subscriber
It's never not been that way? The entire RailWorks business model was built on DLC. Yes for the first few years a good amount of trains and routes were included with the base game, but none of them would have ever been what I would call good, even for 2008/9.

Reactions: ross4122

LT586

Living in the editor
I understand it maybe a lot of loading and unloading RAM but how come TML can do all of Germany in a smaller scale and Dovetail struggle with going the extra mile. I am looking forward to TMLs Berlin bus sim. If you all have seen it!

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
Premium Subscriber
It's all down to how efficient the game engine is and how optimised things are. And much of that depends on their resources. DTG's train simulator engine is still not all that far removed from MSTS meaning it's quite old and can't take advantage of the latest technology. The thing is if they change the engine too much it breaks much backwards compatibility with previously created content (and their many tonnes of DLC)

Compare it to RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine) that underpins GTAV which can stream a lot of detail on quite limited hardware (PS3, X360). But they didn't have to worry about keeping old DLC working and had a humongous budget.

Reactions: LT586

Advertisement

LT586

Living in the editor
So TSW is still based on the current game? That's interesting as I thought it would be totally new UE4 and their physics engine. So that means then old content will migrate?

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
Premium Subscriber
TBH I'm very much out of the loop, I just assumed because everything DTG have put out before was a MSTS derivative this would be the same! Having read up a bit I see they're using UE4 which is a completely different bucket of monkeys, the 3D models for rolling stock should be importable to TSW if the authors so choose, but I imagine everything else would need redoing.

TSW seems to be very buggy at the moment but I'm glad to see the systems are simulated to a much deeper level and there's a proper timetable. I'll watch it with interest in the coming months, it seems to be a solidish foundation that needs polish.

I also saw it's nearly £30 for the bundle but what's the point when it'll soon be on sale for a tenner?

LT586

Living in the editor
Who knows it does look amazing just hopefully it's not just 38 or so miles

Chestnuttv444

If your interesting about tsw great western and asking a question. I know a the Senior producer called Matt peddlesden. He the maker of Train Sim World. This his twitch page when hes live stream

LT586

Living in the editor
Some of the questions people ask are not relevant to what we're getting. Always the way but the game addon looks great. Still its too short 35 miles to Reading in an HST is 20 mins give or take

LazyGuy222

Roblox Name:CS7C3D
Watched today's stream and I must say it looks rather pleasing in my opinion. All services out of Paddington? Come on that's good

Advertisement

LT586

Living in the editor
It looks amazing it really does just hope they expand on it as at the moment you can get Western Mainlines for more at the same price if you add up the extension addons.

LT586

Living in the editor

Great indetail review by Squirrel thankfully! I really hope we can see OMSI style gaming at this level of detail. But I highly doubt it from the current team behind the OMSI title.

Reactions: The_Growl

Cauterize1750

#Duuuval
It looks interesting but I will bee keeping an eye on this for improvements before I consider investing - atm TS2017 offers almost the entire GWML (yes not as detailed) - I expect they will get this expanded eventually.

Members viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)