TS2017: Chiltern Main Line Route by Just Trains. (1 Viewer)

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Hello all,

As I am into railways and most transport simulators to be frank. I would like to post a video here of one of my "Let's Play" video to show the route in depth and this video show the Class 68 being driven out of London Marylebone Station to Banbury on a limited stop service. I will post other videos later as I am tweaking them to swap out rolling stock that I do not own. So I will post them a bit later on :).

Reactions: LazyGuy222

Advertisement

BritishRail60062

Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
I have seen worse but I have edited a lot of the scenarios and used the missing DVT from Vulcan Productions :). replaced the JT Class 67 with the DTG one that I have as I used the EWS and the Keith Heller DB Schenker ones on those trains. As the JT Class 67 looks poor compared to the DTG variant. Oh and not forgetting the AP sound set as well ;).

D

Deleted member 422

I have seen worse but I have edited a lot of the scenarios and used the missing DVT from Vulcan Productions :). replaced the JT Class 67 with the DTG one that I have as I used the EWS and the Keith Heller DB Schenker ones on those trains. As the JT Class 67 looks poor compared to the DTG variant. Oh and not forgetting the AP sound set as well ;).
Not the trains that's the problem...I'll just drop this here:

BritishRail60062

Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
To be honest. Compared to the other routes I have from DTG such as South Wales Coastal. It could have been better and yes I agree with you. Especially that grass hill with track slapped on it as there was no effort to place ballast on there at all. However I should count my lucky stars that I didn't pay the full £25 as I had quite a few points to spend which knocked out about £10 from the original price. So I am happy and also compared to the rediculous waiting times on UKTS to download the Euston to Birmingham route which would take 3 days to download unless you have premium. It is the only other long distance route that I have up to yet along with the WCML North :).

To be honest, I don't buy much from JustTrains as most of their content looks kack and personally. I wish someone like DTG would make a new Class 60 in the proper DB Schenker, EWS and Colas Rail liveries as well as perhaps a BR Pack of Class 60's with better HQ models :).

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

To be honest. Compared to the other routes I have from DTG such as South Wales Coastal. It could have been better and yes I agree with you. Especially that grass hill with track slapped on it as there was no effort to place ballast on there at all. However I should count my lucky stars that I didn't pay the full £25 as I had quite a few points to spend which knocked out about £10 from the original price. So I am happy and also compared to the rediculous waiting times on UKTS to download the Euston to Birmingham route which would take 3 days to download unless you have premium. It is the only other long distance route that I have up to yet along with the WCML North :).

To be honest, I don't buy much from JustTrains as most of their content looks kack and personally. I wish someone like DTG would make a new Class 60 in the proper DB Schenker, EWS and Colas Rail liveries as well as perhaps a BR Pack of Class 60's with better HQ models :).
Class 60....AP?

BritishRail60062

Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Hi @Kieron,

Thanks for the link. I already have the AP sounds for the JT Class 60 Advanced Pack. However the reason I would like DTG to make a new Class 60 Pack in EWS/DBC liveries is because the colours would be accurate like on the Class 59/67 locomotives and also I would like a more photo-realistic cabview. Rather than something that is hand drawn that looks like its come from the old MSTS game that was released in 2001. Its not 2007 anymore ;).

However if DTG did something like a modern era North Lincolnshire line from Scunthorpe to Cleethorpes with the lines for Humber and Lindsey Oil Refineries that could use the new Class 60 with TEA tank wagons for freight. Also a new Class 185 DMU would be great for passenger scenarios between Scunthorpe and Cleethorpes and if the Lincoln via Market Rasen was included on the route. There would be a good use for the JT Class 153 Pack as well, because East Midlands Trains use mainly Class 153's between Newark Northgate and Cleethorpes anyway :).

D

Deleted member 422

Hi @Kieron,

Thanks for the link. I already have the AP sounds for the JT Class 60 Advanced Pack. However the reason I would like DTG to make a new Class 60 Pack in EWS/DBC liveries is because the colours would be accurate like on the Class 59/67 locomotives and also I would like a more photo-realistic cabview. Rather than something that is hand drawn that looks like its come from the old MSTS game that was released in 2001. Its not 2007 anymore ;).

However if DTG did something like a modern era North Lincolnshire line from Scunthorpe to Cleethorpes with the lines for Humber and Lindsey Oil Refineries that could use the new Class 60 with TEA tank wagons for freight. Also a new Class 185 DMU would be great for passenger scenarios between Scunthorpe and Cleethorpes and if the Lincoln via Market Rasen was included on the route. There would be a good use for the JT Class 153 Pack as well, because East Midlands Trains use mainly Class 153's between Newark Northgate and Cleethorpes anyway :).
You're missing the point. DTG struggle to produce anything of any quality..

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Their routes are alright most of the time. But everything else tends to be crap
Quite a large number of their routes are inaccurate. They fail to adapt to the routes they are making. They miss small details in most places. Small on their own, but once they start adding up, it becomes quite major. Small things, such as signage at one station being incorrect, isn't anything to moan about, but once it becomes a problem at every station on a route, it becomes a problem.

I'm fairly lucky, that my local route is in the game, a route I use incredibly often, and I can list at least a hundred issues with the map, which follow the pattern. Alright on their own, but they soon add up.

Reactions: Bus Nutter

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
@Kieron Ah yes, forgot about those small things. I'm not sure how careless you have to be to forget stop markers, and signage. (Or lazy).

@Sparrow 76 AP are getting greedy now, and MKS, while the preview stuff looks alright, they haven't even released an addon, so I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that they make stuff better.

D

Deleted member 422

It usually ends like this:
1.DTG makes a crap train, you give it to AP they get there hands on it and make 100 times better. If AP or master key Simulations make a train it will be descent
I'm in agreement with @The_Growl here, AP are starting to get a little greedy and forgetting the prime aim of their work. I mean, at the moment, they are going through, upgrading their old packs, but then selling them separately, when there isn't much difference between them.

@Kieron Ah yes, forgot about those small things. I'm not sure how careless you have to be to forget stop markers, and signage. (Or lazy).

@Sparrow 76 AP are getting greedy now, and MKS, while the preview stuff looks alright, they haven't even released an addon, so I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that they make stuff better.
I've come to the conclusion form trailers

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread