Trucksim.org Gets A Makeover! Feedback Requested

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I've been busy over the last couple of days (sorry I haven't replied to any messages) overhauling the forums.. So, what's new?

We're no longer running on vBulletin 3.8, but instead we're using a brand new polished version of XenForo with hundreds of new & upgraded features compared to vB. I'm still getting used to them and still discovering more features as I type this, so I can't give you a full "change log".

The upgrade has been planned for weeks, since the beginning of February even, but I never got the time to actually sit down and work through it, however I'm very pleased that I found time this weekend and I'm very satisfied with the smooth transition from vBulletin over to XenForo!

Before the upgrade, I took the time to do some spring cleaning in the database, so if you're an existing member, you will need to reset your avatar and signature.

I have also tried to keep the traditional "trucksim.org" theme, as the Feedback on it was very good, but I've also spiced it up a bit and brought it in to the modern era.

Anyway, the point of this thread, is to request your feedback on both the new software and styling of the site, any feature requests you may have :)

Thank you

carbon

Dec 29, 2013
It looks brilliant guys! Love that you've kept the old theme but brought It to life a bit. Very nice

DMTransport

Mar 10, 2014
Love the many new features as well as the emotes! :)
The alert button on the top right is definitely a new favorite. And the +quote option is quite amazing!

Reactions: Muzz

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I hate it. :p
Your current status suggests otherwise ;) "Loving the new forum software! Yay XenForo!"
Love the many new features as well as the emotes! :)
The alert button on the top right is definitely a new favorite. And the +quote option is quite amazing!
Thanks for the feedback! I like the Alert feature too, and the multi quote option is a gift sent from above! :)

Reactions: Zantox
Mar 18, 2014
I never saw what the forum looked like before, but I can say that this is by far one of the best looking forums I've ever seen.

Reactions: Muzz

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I never saw what the forum looked like before, but I can say that this is by far one of the best looking forums I've ever seen.
Thank you for your kind comments :)

Here's a very early screenshot of the forum.. This was taken before we launched the site... Quite a few changes were made to that style.

This was when it was previously called Truck Simulator Central

Last edited: