TruckSim as VTC host

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
Guys, this Idea just popped up in my mind, might seem silly and I have no idea how we can implement it.

Like in some forums, the Admins sell some space in their forum for Gaming Servers to host their server discussions.
We could try something similar for VTC's, some VTC's use their FaceBook page to function, but not everything can be covered when VTC's function through FB. This way they need not to go through the trouble of setting up their own forum.

Some Benefits of Hosting with us could be:
Free Advertising
We can offer Full staff support

This could bring more activity to the forum and if done cheap enough we can have a little more income too.

What do think @Muzz ?

Reactions: Muzz

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I will offer it for free for any VTC that is interested, spread the word!

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
That would be great but it would have to be planned well, cause I have some previous experience starting something similar but Fail miserably.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
@Muzz, what're you actually offering here? We're paying for 2 web servers at the moment :P

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
Muzz, I think you got my Idea a little bit wrong,
What I said was that we offer some space in the forum, from where VTC's can operate. Like some VTCs have their own websites or a free forums, instead they can use TruckSim.org as their base.
I can offer this as well :)

We have lots of space on our servers

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
I'll make a rough plan on how it would work and the other staff could make it better if needed.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I wouldn't offer forum space, ie - sections specifically for VTC's but I would offer web space (swifthaulage.trucksim.org) as an example, or if VTC's already have a domain name then I can host them on our servers.

The only cost for them would be activity on our forums.

We offered forum space for Swift Haulage back in the day but it never worked out and only cluttered the forum up.

Reactions: Max

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
@Adi Wonder where you got this idea from *winky face*
hehehehehehehehehehe:D

I wouldn't offer forum space, ie - sections specifically for VTC's but I would offer web space (swifthaulage.trucksim.org) as an example, or if VTC's already have a domain name then I can host them on our servers.

The only cost for them would be activity on our forums.

We offered forum space for Swift Haulage back in the day but it never worked out and only cluttered the forum up.
OK, Muzz I'll make plan you go thought it, if it is still not feasible we'll thrash this idea.