Truck Sim Central VTC?

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
You would have to ask Muzz! Although, I know at least me and another member of the community team have VTC commitments already, so that might be an issue!

carbon

Dec 29, 2013
You would have to ask Muzz! Although, I know at least me and another member of the community team have VTC commitments already, so that might be an issue!
Thanks, i'll send him a PM and see what his thoughts are :)

Was just generally looking to see if there was interest and how to go about doing it

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I think this is a good idea :)

I'm afraid I can't help as my VTC knowledge is limited, but there's experienced people about the forum that could definitely help you set this up.

Best of luck :)

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
If I wasn't in a VTC already, then that would be something I most definitely would help out with, but I absolutely love what I'm doing at the moment with swift!

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
Can someone guide us on how to go about it and where to actually start.
Carbon and I have some interests in starting one.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
The first thing you would need, is a lot of time! Managing a VTC takes up almost all of your own time, even with a large team behind you!

If you're happy with that, then you need to find a way to make your VTC stand out from the rest. Often the best way to do this is by having a high quality, unique skin & if possible, other mods such as trailers, that no other VTC has.

The final thing I would say is that you need to have patience if your VTC isn't successful at first! The VTC I'm working for at the moment was very small when it first opened, but in the year or so, we've gained experienced modders, and drivers who are willing to work hard, and now have 190+ drivers!

I hope this helps you, and if you have any more questions, feel free to drop me a PM!

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks Max.
I do understand how much time it consumes.
I am sure I could handle that.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Thanks Max.
I do understand how much time it consumes.
I am sure I could handle that.
I don't think you realise how much you need to do! Especially starting with a brand new VTC!

Jan 12, 2014
Patience is another thing you will need with a VTC as it takes time, and will not happen with a click of a finger, this is why many VTC's have gone bust, as no one has patience to the drivers.

Simplez72

Range Logistics VTC - Owner
Mar 15, 2014
@Adi @carbon I can offer some advice, have a read of some of my posts there's alot of info there for you to use. Your welcome to ask me any questions. Just PM me.

Last edited:

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
@Adi I can offer some advice, have a read of some of my posts there's alot of info there for you to use. Your welcome to ask me any questions. Just PM me.
Thanks Mate, I'll PM you when I need some help, but I have no plans on starting a VTC anytime soon.