Transparent Glass from Blender to Omsi (1 Viewer)

Solution
D
Ok solved issue after alot of time trying. Dont forget to use OmsiXconverter from Blender.

1, What any1 needs to do is in Blender: Duplicate the object move it to another 2nd layer.
2, Now in editor mode select all and deselect the item or items(holding shift + C) you want to create glass on/transparent.
3, Now goto material button (red/black icon), and goto e.g where their is glass texture in sceneryobject one, Im using from Rumpelhans_Objekte and in texture mode add glass texture from image and browse to that file (e.g I changed it to glass.dds to make it easier.).
4, Now apply to object/s and export that object as Glass and should have Glass.o3d add that to object folder.

As The_Growl said add in object mode add Solidify I add...

Advertisement

May 2, 2016
Ok solved issue after alot of time trying. Dont forget to use OmsiXconverter from Blender.

1, What any1 needs to do is in Blender: Duplicate the object move it to another 2nd layer.
2, Now in editor mode select all and deselect the item or items(holding shift + C) you want to create glass on/transparent.
3, Now goto material button (red/black icon), and goto e.g where their is glass texture in sceneryobject one, Im using from Rumpelhans_Objekte and in texture mode add glass texture from image and browse to that file (e.g I changed it to glass.dds to make it easier.).
4, Now apply to object/s and export that object as Glass and should have Glass.o3d add that to object folder.

As The_Growl said add in object mode add Solidify I add -0.300 for thickness.

Back to original object on 1st layer.

1, Now select all item/s that you selected (from above) and delete them.
2, Now export that object to same folder.
3, Open sco add this e.g.
[mesh]
Glass.o3d

[matl]
Glass.dds

[matl_alpha]

4, Make sure to have Glass.dds in the texture folder too.

Pic Layer 1 (Original)
2ff8094ae6410ae96f39e1bd0f12419e.png

Layer 2
2ff8094ae6410ae96f39e1bd0f12419e.png

Hope this helps any1.

D

Deleted member 422

As The_Growl said add in object mode add Solidify I add -0.300 for thickness.

Back to original object on 1st layer.

1, Now select all item/s that you selected (from above) and delete them.
2, Now export that object to same folder.
3, Open sco add this e.g.
[mesh]
Glass.o3d

[matl]
Glass.dds

[matl_alpha]

4, Make sure to have Glass.dds in the texture folder too.

Pic Layer 1 (Original)
View attachment 13403
Layer 2
View attachment 13404

Hope this helps any1.
To add, make sure the glass object, is the last part of the model to be loaded. Otherwise, anything loaded after the glass, will not be visable through the glass. Omsi loads the models in order of how they are written, so make sure every other model is written above this in the .sco file, .cfg file, whatever. This applies to both buses, and buildings.

Solution
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread