Buses Transbus Enviro 300 & Other Projects (1 Viewer)

So this project began a while ago but completely failed, but I thought about it and decided to bring it back, so there will be a few different variations if I get round to it and I am planning on doing a couple of fictional variants.

So here is what I have got so far in one evening as I have worked very hard on these.

image.jpg

( Headlight Moulds Have Got To Be Redone )
image.jpg

image.jpg

Further Updates During The Week

Last edited:

Lemon__Gaming

Transbus Guy
Apr 16, 2016
birmingham
Very Big Update:
So this morning I was speaking to growl about his project, we was on about something to do with rebuilding parts of the buses, so what did I do...

What I did was actually rebuild the whole thing to make it more accurate and have less vertices as the front of my bus last time had 6000 vertices and now has 1000, so an massive improvement.

reb.PNG

Front completely remodeled
qwww.PNG

assass.PNG

So this is everything, everything here has been built either yesterday or today. A lot of work, but over all a lot better.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
more accurate and have less vertices as the front of my bus last time had 6000 vertices and now has 1000, so an massive improvement.
Your second attempt certainly looks a lot better than the first, but I see a little room for improvement. You'll have noticed the strange discolouration across the front of the bus, these are artifacts from smoothing and if you can manage to eliminate them the model will look a lot better. The way to do this is to relax sharp changes in angle by using a small curve instead of a harsh edge (in reality buses have a lot of bevels) or to mark edges as sharp so that they're not smoothed. An edge-split modifier can help to automatically do the latter, but the former requires some modelling and addition of more vertices. Fewer vertices unfortunately does not make the model objectively better, although it is a nice benefit to have if you can make it look good. Something that can help is to add an extra loop of edges a short distance from curves to halt smoothing very close to the curved edge rather than having it be across the whole face, where the artifacts are more visible. The image below shows a 90° corner that smoothes nicely, it has 3 polygons around it so that the angles are just 30° between each face; and an extra line is below on the face to stop the smoothing progressing across the main surface.
upload_2017-6-6_18-21-3.png
Hopefully this is a little help. :)

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
I wouldn't recommend the edge loop method tbh. It creates a lot of unecessary geometry very close together, which makes the model harder to work with. Bevelling edges adds a ton of vertices, so I'd only use it where it's needed, such as on immediate details such as the cab. Edge split and sharp markery is your best bet I think, as it's keep the poly count low, and also leaves a good quality finish.

Advertisement

Lemon__Gaming

Transbus Guy
Apr 16, 2016
birmingham
Here comes a more detailed bus!!!

So it looks like i have gone back a few steps, thats just because i have, i have took the advice on what ThMapper and Theagrowl have gave, these people have helped make the model better and a lot more detailed, so thanks.

HEAVILY W.I.P

qqqa.PNG
2cf9ba6474165206.PNG
---.PNG
aaassssss.PNG

Adjustments have been made to the light cluser.

Here comes a more detailed bus!!!

So it looks like i have gone back a few steps, thats just because i have, i have took the advice on what ThMapper and Theagrowl have gave, these people have helped make the model better and a lot more detailed, so thanks.

HEAVILY W.I.P

View attachment 13863 View attachment 13864 View attachment 13865 View attachment 13866

Adjustments have been made to the light cluser.
Looks fantastic but please do not get it to near complete then cancel it ;)

Reactions: Sambob_12

Advertisement

Lemon__Gaming

Transbus Guy
Apr 16, 2016
birmingham
Update Time
I have now got it to a point where i think i should put some more information in chat about it, i havent really done a lot to it, but what i have done i am very happy with, there are a few things i would like to redo and need to get textures for like the steering wheel pedals and the info screen on the dsh etc, but other than that i need your opinions on it so far.
6.PNG

Outer Shell
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Inner Shell
4.PNG
dadaddd.PNG

Let me know any
improvements, especially any picky things!!!

Creddits:
Rhys and the people from the ref pic resource from gillingham 15072017

Last edited:
Update Time
I have now got it to a point where i think i should put some more information in chat about it, i havent really done a lot to it, but what i have done i am very happy with, there are a few things i would like to redo and need to get textures for like the steering wheel pedals and the info screen on the dsh etc, but other than that i need your opinions on it so far.
View attachment 15037
Outer Shell

Inner Shell

Let me know any
improvements, especially any picky things!!!
You said picky things so i'll just say that the front panel looks way more thick than it should be its seriously a lot thinner than that, around the destination also looks really odd but that might be as it has no glass and no masking so we'd have to see about that, the side, rear and interior however look near enough spot on, lovely work and keep it up :)

Reactions: Lemon__Gaming

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread