Train Spotting (1 Viewer)

Hello fellow choo-choo trains!

I thought that there might be a few train spotters out there in the forums, so this is the place for them to rejoice. Post any pictures of trains or any of your spottings! I'll start, with 390 119 (?), the train that got me from the second largest city in the UK (Birmingham), to the largest and the capital (London).

-Jacobthebus

View attachment 1245

btv

Jan 15, 2016
Cardiff
I don't really do train spotting but here's 73 001 and some kind of 1st generation DMU at the Dean Forest Railway back in 2014:

rIrlpAp.jpg

vnw6e8y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
I've been wanting to see some 700's for a while and really want to go and see one. My dad knows someone who I think might test drive 700's I might soon...

Note: I was gonna put an Image here but it appears I have lost where it is! xD  

EDIT: Found it!

EDIT 2: The image won't upload!  :mad:

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Some old pictures. I have a lot more on my phone:

222101 and 350130 stand side by side at Crewe.

This is what you get when you don't have enough train crew, A pair of 37's and 3 MK2's in place of a 153.

The first ever HST at Swanage

View attachment 2124

More interested in that Optare Visionaire on the left! 50 to Bournemouth I presume! They operate an unusual selection of buses on that and the 40!

Advertisement

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
I think it was on the 40 because the 50 is has open top Visionaire's in the summer I think. The picture was taken on a Saturday in the summer.

That is open top? They have Optare Visionaire's with a half roof (Like that one) on the 50, and fully open top ones which are on the 50, but they put a full roof on it to work the 40:

View attachment 2143

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
That is open top? They have Optare Visionaire's with a half roof (Like that one) on the 50, and fully open top ones which are on the 50, but they put a full roof on it to work the 40:

Oooh, I knew of convertible open toppers but I don't think I've ever seen one with the pieces separated before. Interesting how conveniently the pieces fold up - ELC was always good with their special-order vehicle designs - though I'm surprised they aren't stored under a canvas.

Do the buses have waterproof seating on the top deck?

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Oooh, I knew of convertible open toppers but I don't think I've ever seen one with the pieces separated before. Interesting how conveniently the pieces fold up - ELC was always good with their special-order vehicle designs - though I'm surprised they aren't stored under a canvas.

Do the buses have waterproof seating on the top deck?

The pieces don't fold up? They only cover them for the 40 and very occasionally on the 50. I went on them once and it was poring down all day and at the start they were all open-top but by the time I returned to Swanage, most of the roofs had gone!

They have waterproof seats on the top and all the stop bells are on the back of the seats. Nothing connects to the roof. It is an amazing and wonderful operation they have there!

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Managed to catch this yesterday
vI3uoZ7.png
:

Going to see if I can catch 1Z84 later, that being a Cathedral's Express on it's return journey back to London Victoria. 1Z82, the outward journey, was scheduled to go past half an hour ago at time of writing, but seems either to have dropped off the timing system or to have been delayed between Maidstone and Ashford... 
otRXtRQ.png

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Yesterdays Trainspotting trip:

Yesterday, I was at Bedford station at 12:00 waiting for a class 700 train to ride to Flitwick. Those trains were cancelled due to signalling problems, so my 700 got turned around.

So instead we waited 4 hours for a 700, which came. It then got cancelled because there wasn't a driver. Another kid I met at the station who had been waiting for one the same time as I had (and had come quite a distance to see one from a place where he probably could see one) immediately phoned Thameslink explaining the situation was unacceptable and he wanted compensation which came in the form of 700 110 which was in its first day in service. I sat on the train for a while and reviewed it. It was quite nice. (10/10 good review)  Kappa

Then... it was announced 700 110 would not be stopping at Flitwick, and instead I had to board 319 003 which I happily would have done, but it was 4pm so I headed home.

However I got some great pictures and footage. I managed to speak to a class 377 driver who gave me a depot whistle on the way out, shortly followed by an EMT class 43 where the rear unit (43043) was clagging.

Also, class 66 horns are loud. VERY loud.

Below are some pics of the visit:

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
Yesterdays Trainspotting trip:

Yesterday, I was at Bedford station at 12:00 waiting for a class 700 train to ride to Flitwick. Those trains were cancelled due to signalling problems, so my 700 got turned around.

So instead we waited 4 hours for a 700, which came. It then got cancelled because there wasn't a driver. Another kid I met at the station who had been waiting for one the same time as I had (and had come quite a distance to see one from a place where he probably could see one) immediately phoned Thameslink explaining the situation was unacceptable and he wanted compensation which came in the form of 700 110 which was in its first day in service. I sat on the train for a while and reviewed it. It was quite nice. (10/10 good review)  Kappa

Then... it was announced 700 110 would not be stopping at Flitwick, and instead I had to board 319 003 which I happily would have done, but it was 4pm so I headed home.

However I got some great pictures and footage. I managed to speak to a class 377 driver who gave me a depot whistle on the way out, shortly followed by an EMT class 43 where the rear unit (43043) was clagging.

Also, class 66 horns are loud. VERY loud.

Below are some pics of the visit:

Nice this is my local train station aswell!

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread