FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
but their classed as British rail class 387 / class 700's not stadler flirt's from some shite company if anything we should keep trains like class 158's 166's and 153's their great little dmu's not this stadler flirt crap
These new trains are British Rail Class 755 (3 or 4-car Bi-Mode DEMUs) and 745 (12-car EMUs). I'm sure the passengers who are getting their commute upgraded from old, noisy and dirty DMUs to new, quiet, clean, efficient, fast and air-conditioned trains will agree that it's a terrible idea.

Reactions: VWH_14

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
These new trains are British Rail Class 745 (3 or 4-car Bi-Mode DEMUs) and 755 (12-car EMUs). I'm sure the passengers who are getting their commute upgraded from old, noisy and dirty DMUs to new, quiet, clean, efficient, fast and air-conditioned trains will agree that it's a terrible idea.
yeah that's cause they don't care about trains lol and the fact that our great trains witch have served us for so long are being disposed of to crap new stadler flirts is the thing that gets me the most . if they cared about trains they would keep old rattly pacers and stinky old 166's cause really their proper workhorses and do their job efficiently , thats what i love about British trains cause u can still see trains like class 47's and 37's witch are still in operation and are over 40 to 50 years old . England make great trains even if it is a smelly old pacer , that train came from a bus witch is why i love them do you know how amazing it is to make a train from bus components its wonderful really .

These new trains are British Rail Class 755 (3 or 4-car Bi-Mode DEMUs) and 745 (12-car EMUs). I'm sure the passengers who are getting their commute upgraded from old, noisy and dirty DMUs to new, quiet, clean, efficient, fast and air-conditioned trains will agree that it's a terrible idea.
plus i can understand where your coming from a commuters point of view yes a silent electric train is better when your on your way to work

Advertisement

yeah that's cause they don't care about trains lol and the fact that our great trains witch have served us for so long are being disposed of to crap new stadler flirts is the thing that gets me the most . if they cared about trains they would keep old rattly pacers and stinky old 166's cause really their proper workhorses and do their job efficiently , thats what i love about British trains cause u can still see trains like class 47's and 37's witch are still in operation and are over 40 to 50 years old . England make great trains even if it is a smelly old pacer , that train came from a bus witch is why i love them do you know how amazing it is to make a train from bus components its wonderful really .
As much as I would agree, about it being nice to have some of our older stock trundle about, it's completely impractical and somewhat unattractive to the operator and leasing company. More maintenance at a higher block cost, higher running costs, possibly less environmentally friendly, less attractive to the passengers...

Feb 4, 2017
You seem to forget that all commuters want is to travel from A to B in an efficient and comfortable manner. My only complaint about new trains is the chairs are too damn hard, that’s all I care about. I pay my ticket to travel in a clean, reliable and comfortable train.
Whether it’s a Class 43 from the “good ol’ days of BR” or a Class 801 from Japan, couldn’t care less. Whichever one is most reliable, cleanest, fastest and comfortable is the train I want. I don’t want a rattly old train because it’s British. There is a difference in demand between a commuter and an enthusiast, and money talks so the commuter will always have a final say.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
The GWR class 800s certainly look an awful lot better when they're painted properly rather than wrapped over a white base

DSCF7110.JPG

This looks like it's never seen service yet, the underframe is completely shiny. Anyone got any more info on that?
DSCF7112.JPG

Reactions: SeaHawk14
Feb 4, 2017
The GWR class 800s certainly look an awful lot better when they're painted properly rather than wrapped over a white base

View attachment 31900

This looks like it's never seen service yet, the underframe is completely shiny. Anyone got any more info on that?
View attachment 31901
Makes it look more permanent doesn’t it? I’m a regular on the line, and then 800’s with the white bass always looked like a temporary demonstration trains. At least with the paint it looks much better, and not like GWR is going to have the franchise stripped.
Re. The train, there’s a fair few parked up by the Hitachi depot thing outside of Paddington that probably haven’t entered service yet, they run up and down doing testing before they’re accepted.

Reactions: whistlehead
Apr 16, 2016

View attachment 31900

View attachment 31901
The 9 car diagrams started last month with 2 diagrams and another 2 stated on the 2nd July so there is only 4 9 car diagrams at the moment as currently there is 7 9 car sets with GWR. Some of the 5 car diagrams are different at the moment due to changes with the Bristol servicesthat are extended to Plymouth due to engineering works at Newbury. All 36 5 car 800s are have arrived or been built.

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

View attachment 31900

View attachment 31901
I only ever saw a GWR Class 800, on the 4th of this July, at Paignton. Quite astonishing!

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Finally got some decent weather at the right time of day to go photo one of very very few freight services that still head up the descriptively-named "Ashford to Ramsgate (via Canterbury West)" line:

Followed by catching the earlier train when heading to meet up with friends, so I could see this one go by:

(Someday I'll get around to buying a proper camera that works in conditions other than "bright, but cloudy" and has a scratchless lens...)

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
1 Muriel Street, Barrhead
Finally got some decent weather at the right time of day to go photo one of very very few freight services that still head up the descriptively-named "Ashford to Ramsgate (via Canterbury West)" line:

Followed by catching the earlier train when heading to meet up with friends, so I could see this one go by:

(Someday I'll get around to buying a proper camera that works in conditions other than "bright, but cloudy" and has a scratchless lens...)

A scoosher train!

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread