Traffic light problems (1 Viewer)

May 26, 2017
Hello, what has happened to my traffic lights it’s like this in all the maps! Please help!

Attachments

• EE6584D7-CC94-425B-AC72-01EF18B8E54E.jpeg
    EE6584D7-CC94-425B-AC72-01EF18B8E54E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
Solution
Click on the bit where it says Road-hog123 said: ^ in the quote, that'll take you the actual post I quoted. It's in the discussion thread for British Road Detailing Pack 2, there's a download button up at the top just like every other release on FF.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Fix for version conflict causing texture glitches
An issue people keep seeming to run into is one where the road markings and traffic lights end up with broken texture mapping, like this:
This happens because OMSI has an addiction to DDS textures... in that if given the choice between two identically named textures, one DDS and the other not, it'll choose the DDS one even if it's been explicitly told not to. Version 2.1 saw me switch from TGA to DDS for both of these items, so the problem arises where if an older (2.0.0 to 2.0.6) version is installed over the top of a newer version (2.1 onwards) then OMSI uses the wrong texture, giving rise to the problems you see above.

To fix this, just delete the installation and reinstall the just one version of the pack.
To prevent it happening, simply don't copy over the included copy of my pack when installing a map if you've already got an installation.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Click on the bit where it says Road-hog123 said: ^ in the quote, that'll take you the actual post I quoted. It's in the discussion thread for British Road Detailing Pack 2, there's a download button up at the top just like every other release on FF.

Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread