Tourist Bus Simulator... (1 Viewer)

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Squirrel tries out an early access test version.

What do we think, the usual TML sounds for vehicles, dull and unimaginable and the same concept as Bus & Cable Car Simulator but with UE4 and PeDePe's economic style system.

I personally think it looks amazing but hmmm

I got it today and one thing I have found is with no employees my coaches dissapear

Advertisement

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
OMSI needs more content imo its slack at the minute. Too many WIP promises and screenshots but little gets finished. But overall still 100 times better than anything else imo.
Perhaps more things will be completed if the majority of the community was 13+ and didn’t spam Creators with: “THE MAP ISNT WORKING!” Or “I’ve installed it correctly but the bus doesn’t show in the selector”.

FirstBro

First Yorkshire's Managing Director
Perhaps more things will be completed if the majority of the community was 13+ and didn’t spam Creators with: “THE MAP ISNT WORKING!” Or “I’ve installed it correctly but the bus doesn’t show in the selector”.
And maybe would be completed if people didn't spam asking for release dates..

Reactions: FirstEnviro

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
The extra management and RPG element to this might extend the game play a bit. The thing I found with Fernbus is that once you've done a few tours, that's it, you've seen the whole game. The entire map looks identical, there's just nothing to do. It seems interesting from the videos I've seen but won't be getting it for quite a while anyway.

Reactions: LT586 and Tom9962

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I think if they're trying this out here, I do hope that when The Bus shows itself that they've managed to enhance their knowledge of UE4 as it seems they're going full steam with it, as previous GFX engines didn't serve them well, except for WOS series which is ace.

I like the concept of it but until they offer more buses other than just MAN, i'll sit and watch, Fernbus I agree, I rarely play it just because it's as you say, all identical.

I have both Fernbus and Tourist bus, both from the same developers by the looks of it. the set and buses are exactly the same. There are two addon buses namely the Neoplan skyliner and four versions of the Setra Mercedes which is the coach i prefer.

Fernbus gets boring after a while, many of the cities are exactly the same layout and do not truly reflect the the city's in the simulator, only the bus station in Hamburg is close to a true reflection of the bus station.

Tourist bus looses its appeal because of the procedures you have to go through and the compulsory tutorial. Why do i have to buy a house and then unlock shops to furnish it!! The Range Rover car is terrible to drive, some of the roads are totally unrealistic with the twists and turns that do not exist in reality. Only the airport is very close to the real thing.

So my verdict is, they both get boring, but ok to play now and again for a change.

Oh..and you do need a powerful PC to get the best out of these two simulators, I couldn't play them before i bought a new gaming PC. I run them both with all graphics settings on high. OMSI is now also running at full high settings dependent on the map, on Berlin for example I average 50 fps now.

This is only my opinion but others will have different opinions, and enjoy Fernbus and Tourist bus more than me.

Reactions: LT586

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Agree with you Steve, sorry haven't been back to this thread, if anyone's seen the latest from Microsoft, I suggest these guys pull their socks up fast.
OMSI I rarely play these days, it's great at 50FPS but the editor is uninteresting and old fashioned, whereas UE4 you can see what materials you're using before you use them, it's a lot more interactive.

yay i made a repaint
Screenshot_1.png

Advertisement

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread