Top 5 PC Steering Wheels (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
US
www.ptvtc.com
Looking for a good Steering Wheel for PC? Look at the Top 5!!

Coming in at #1 is:

#1: Logitech G27
55049-g27-box.jpg

Racing games let you careen and drift through turns with precision, all while traveling at breakneck speed. But just as an experienced driver would need the highest-quality car to race in, a skilled gamer needs the best equipment to have the best control and precision on the virtual road. We have found Logitech's G27 racing wheel to be the best gaming steering wheel and pedal sets on the market. The G27 receives the TopTenREVIEWS Gold Award because it is made from high-end materials and will give you the single best experience while racing.

This updated version of the G25 now includes added buttons on the wheel's face, noise reduction when turning the wheel and more compatibility with more recent racing games. The G27 racing wheel works on PC, PS3 and PS2.

This is the game steering wheel the rest of the competition tries to measure up to. It has the essential features and little extras to enhance the realism. The design is solid and attractive. The pedals and paddle shifters simulate a real car and offer enough customization to make each race a comfortable yet speedy one.
Read Full Review & Ratings: Click here

#2: RGT Force FeedBack Pro Clutch Edition
55050-rgt-force-feedback-pro-clutch-edition-box.jpg

The RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch Edition wheel and pedal set gives you the features and customization tools you want for a realistic racing experience. This PC steering wheel excels in several categories, including its ease of use, design, force feedback and accurate response. This wheel works on both the PC and PS3. Everything from the pedals, shifter and the wheel are top notch. The RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch Edition receives our TopTenREVIEWS Silver Award because it offers a balance of features, design and customization and takes a high quality approach to racing games and excels with its customization.

This wheel and pedal set ranks highly in every category. There are a few minor omissions in terms of design. With such a high quality wheel, we hoped for a leather rim rather than the standard rubber. Indicator LEDs that showed exactly when to shift would have been a great edition. However, its realistic look and responsive performance make the RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch Edition a solid choice for a gaming steering wheel and pedal set.

#3: Logitech Driving Force GT
55051-driving-force-gt-box.jpg

Logitech's Driving Force GT racing wheel and pedal set allows you to immerse yourself into a full racing simulation. This device works on the PS3 and PS2 consoles as well as on a PC. This 11 inch gaming steering wheel allows for a 900-degree wheel rotation, giving you realistic hand-over-hand turning, and it can rotate two and a half times around. The quality features, design and customization give this wheel an edge over several other wheels, earning the Driving Force GT our TopTenREVIEWS Bronze Award for gaming steering wheels.

#4: Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel Value Pack
55052-forza-motorsport-csr-wheel-value-pack-box.jpg

The Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack includes the steering wheel base and CSR pedals. The manufacturer, Fanatech, allows you to purchase each accessory on its own or together. We suggest the wheel value pack because the pedals and wheel are necessary, while the stick shift can be replaced by the shifting levers on the back of the wheel. This device is not only a good option as a PC steering wheel, but also works well with Xbox 360 and PS3.

The features of this wheel and pedal kit are strong. The wheel can rotate up to 900 degrees. Because it can rotate several times around, it is a great device for playing rally car games. The force feedback is strong on every console, and the pedals are quite heavy and don't slide. The rumble support is great and makes the experience more realistic.

We like the design, feel and durability of the Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack. It feels very close to a race car wheel. The thick rubber and plastic rim make the experience comfortable. Unfortunately, some of the customization buttons are hard to reach. This gaming wheel and pedal set is wireless for the Xbox 360, but it will need to be plugged in through USB for the PS3 or PC.

The customization is where this gaming steering wheel really excels. An LED screen shows your customization levels, and you adjust it using the analog joystick. Nearly everything can be adjusted with this device, whether it's the pedals, the ABS vibration, the feedback strength or even the wheel itself. There are multiple ways to mount the wheel. We recommend installing the device to a surface because the clamp is of below-average quality.

Fanatech provides a user guide and FAQs about these peripherals. The company can also be reached by phone and email. Unfortunately, the warranty is only good for two weeks.

#5: Ferrari GT Experience
55053-ferrari-gt-experience-box.jpg

The Ferrari GT Experience is a solid gaming steering wheel that provides a balance of sturdy quality and great control. This racing wheel and pedal set is made specifically to plug-and-play with PS3 and PC games. One appeal of this product is the Ferrari license. It utilizes the brand with its inclusion of two Ferrari style-digital gearshift levers that sit behind the wheel.

The buttons of the Ferrari GT Experience are clearly marked and closely resemble the interface of a Playstation controller. Because of Thrustmaster's partnership with Ferrari, the look and feel of their wheel peripherals are close to the original thing, and the Ferrari GT Experience wheel is no exception. It's a simple design encased in sturdy plastic and rubber. The comfort level is great. There's really only one drawback to the design here: The lack of a stick shift and clutch means the racing experience lacks realism.

The pedals are quality material, but the gripping bottom doesn't work well and slips easily. It seems like it was designed to be built into a cockpit and racing seat, instead of just using it on the floor. Also, the pedals don't give force feedback on every PS3 game, but they do vibrate to simulate road conditions. The wheel uses bungee cord technology to keep it auto-centered and to give the effect of power steering. The wheel only turn 90 degrees in either direction, and that takes some of the control away on hard turns.

While the Ferrari GT Experience wheel and pedal kit looks custom made for the PS3, it actually works the best on PCs. Only on a PC can you use the full extent of the force feedback that gives you the full experience of road conditions and the accurate feel of being behind the wheel.

Want to see more? Click here to see the Top 10!! (You just saw the Top 5!)

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
US
www.ptvtc.com
Yes DMTransport, the people with driving force gt all do like it. I would recommend that wheel because it has a great feel when using it, 11in wheel which is bigger then most, it does turn 900 degrees which gives it more realism.

The only problem I had was getting force feedback to work but I had to get this one program from Logitech to get it to work but other then that it's a great wheel.

Message me if you have any questions about that wheel. :)

Yes DMTransport, the people with driving force gt all do like it. I would recommend that wheel because it has a great feel when using it, 11in wheel which is bigger then most, it does turn 900 degrees which gives it more realism.

The only problem I had was getting force feedback to work but I had to get this one program from Logitech to get it to work but other then that it's a great wheel.

Message me if you have any questions about that wheel. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Skully. I've already ordered the wheel and definitely will let you know if I have any questions!

Reactions: Speedy

Advertisement

Apr 24, 2014
I use the Logitech G27, but the Driving Force GT is quite better.
Why do you think this?

I would think the G27 with 11" wheel diameter verses the Driving Force GT's 10.75" would provide a more realistic feel. Then added the fact that the G27 includes a clutch. I understand if your comparing features-verses-price of around 103.99 for the GT verses the G27 199.99 average but on feel-realism-functionality I would think the G27 to edge out the win.

Just wondering as I will be picking up a new Steering wheel setup for ATS release.

Apr 24, 2014
I think one of the setback for me was the price. As fancy (and awesome) as the G27 was, it was completely out of my budget. So I settle with the DFGT. It's a good wheel, no complaints here! :)

Thanks. Was figuring that it might have been price when some choose the GT over the G27. Seeing as how ATS is still undecided on release date I figured I could always set alittle cash aside until release.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread