Maps TMP - The Morden Project (3 Viewers)

These pictures are now outdated, for newer ones, look further on in the thread, the info remains updated.

Introduction
Welcome to the Morden Project, a London map, based around the London Boroughs of Merton, Wandsworth and Sutton. Unlike Addon London this is mainly suburbia London, with challenging junctions, busy town centres and residential roads. The main areas of the first release of the map consist of:

• Raynes Park
  • Wimbledon
  • Lower Morden
  • Morden
  • West Sutton
  • Sutton
  • Tooting Broadway
  • Colliers Wood
  • Rose Hill
  • Benhilton
  • South Wimbledon
  • St Helier
  • Merton Abbey
  • Mitcham

Bus garages:

There will be 3 bus garages in initial release:

• (AL) Merton Bus garage, Go-Ahead London's Headquarters, located in Colliers wood
  • (A) Sutton Bus Garage, Home of Go-Ahead London Commercial services, located on Bushey road.
  • (PL) Waterside Way bus garage, Outstation of Putney bus garage, located in plough lane.

Deadruns:

There will be a few deadruns in the map, which consist of:

• Merton Bus garage to Wimbledon, via Latimer road
  • Merton Bus Garage to Morden, via the A24 (Morden Road)
  • Sutton Bus Garage to Morden, via the A297 (St Helier Avenue)
  • Sutton Bus Garage to Wimbledon, via the A297, A24 and Latimer Road
  • Waterside Way bus garage to Wimbledon or Tooting, via Haydons road

In the first version of the map there will be 5 routes:

163 - Morden to Wimbledon
164 - Wimbledon to Sutton Station
219 - Wimbledon to Tooting Broadway
413 - Morden to Sutton, Bushey Road
718 - Morden to Rose Hill (Circular)

Credits:

- BKG: Making custom objects, helping me with map making, advice or opinions
- Fulleylove: Helping me over these 2 excruciating years, and countless corruptions
- Tyler Y: Timetabling and routes
- Jem: Junction work on the map
- Frosty: Repaints and HOF
- iomex: Permission to use Cotterell, BoTW and his own Objects and splines
- Whistlehead: Permission to use his Farthington and his own Objects and splines
- Moskie: Permission to use his object pack
- btv: Permission to use his Objects and Splines in the map
- Roadhog-123 Permission to use his objects and splines
- Sambob_12 Permission to use his bollards and objects
- Scotrail_605 Assets such as traffic lights
- Kyle C TfL Low Tree Boards
- Rhys and the Addon London Team Creating Addon London assets and AI (DLC requirement)
- buren Multiple assets and lots of help
- Rhys Stirling Varied assets

Areas complete vary:

Morden - 60% (Other section required )
Wimbledon Chase - 90% (being rebuilt)
Raynes Park - 80% (Requires buildings)
Wimbledon - ~% (Requires Rebuild)
Lower Morden - 90% (Requires rebuild)

Sutton - 60% (Requires Roads)
West Sutton - 60% (Requires Roads and Scenery)

T
ooting Broadway - 65% (Requires buildings)
Colliers Wood - 95% (Requires Scenery)
Mitcham - 40% (Requires Roads and Scenery)
North Cheam - 0% (Requires Roads and Scenery)

Addon London:

I plan to use Addon London assets and AI to make the map more realistic and accurate, this means Addon London will be a requirement.

((!! Please remember this map is WIP and will have missing areas, missing roads and issues, Most of which I know about !!))

FAQ
Q - Can I be a Beta Tester?
A - Nooooooooope

Q - How much is done so far?
A - I'd say roughly 70%, mainly got to redo some older areas, and finish a few major roads.

Q - Do you need any help?
A - I'm good for now.

Q - Which Operators will there be?
A - Go-ahead London and *Quality Line RATP group.

* Due to Quality line withdrawing from London I am unsure whether to keep it in the map or remove it, however I will decide after Epsom bus garage closes.

Q - How many routes in the first release?
A - 5,

163 (Go-Ahead London)
164 (Go-Ahead London)
219 (Go Ahead London)
413 (Quality Line RATP Group)*
718 (Go-Ahead London)

Q -Are there any other routes planned?
A - Yup, in Version 2, I have a few planned routes in mind, however none specific yet as I want to focus on Version 1.

Q -Are there any bus garages in this map?
A - Indeed, there’s 3 bus garages in the map:

• Go-Ahead London’s Merton bus garage
• Go-Ahead London’s Sutton bus garage
• Go-Ahead London’s Waterside Way bus garage

Routes:
1620146349086.png

1620146356104.png

1620146362284.png

1620146366119.png

1620146370857.png

Route Map:

Thanks to DJ98 from ononoki for this routemap:
1620146841815.png

Screenshots: (OUTDATED, LOOK FURTHER IN THREAD FOR NEWER ONES)
Wimbledon:
1569857484545.png

1569857576155.png

1569857611765.png

1569857635539.png

Merton Park Tram Stop:
1569857694723.png

Wimbledon Chase:
1569857720342.png

1569857747090.png

1569857767805.png

St James' Church
1569857794584.png

Ashridge Way:
1569857848777.png

South Merton Station:
1569857919561.png

Morden Court:
1569857939297.png

Morden:
1569857961502.png

1569857994996.png

Last edited:

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him
The big reveal?
3 months ago today, I had the task of coping from home, with school, OMSI and my social life, and I believe I’ve got a good balance. Over the past 3 months huge developments have happened, not just in the map, but in real life too. My GCSEs are in 11 months and while being at a disadvantage to previous GCSE years, I haven’t let this get me down.

So what’s happening with the map?
Good question. My aim is to get all 3 routes ready to send to @Jem in 3 months, so he can to Junctions, then over to Tyler for the routes, AI buses and timetables. You may think this is far too ambitious but with 2 routes being 100% drivable, and the shortest route to do, it is certainly possible to do. So there is a big possibility that you will be seeing, or even driving on this map this year.

Where on earth have you been for all this time?
With the help of @BKG93 I’ve in a week or two learnt how to make custom buildings and assets, and I believe this is key for not just a real based map, but any map as it gives character and identity. So my aim is to have a good portion of the map being custom assets, made by either me, bkg or jem.

Further news:
With my birthday in the upcoming days, I have decided to purchase a brand new PC, new desk, new monitors, and keyboard, to help development in the map and I might even do streams of the map over on my discord server: Join the Branchline Productions Discord Server!

Pictures:
Here’s the current progress of the map:
View attachment 67862
View attachment 67863
View attachment 67864
View attachment 67865
View attachment 67866
View attachment 67867
View attachment 67868
View attachment 67869
View attachment 67870
View attachment 67875
View attachment 67876
View attachment 67877
View attachment 67879
View attachment 67881
View attachment 67882
This looks stunning! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of this project, and also Happy Birthday, for whenever it is! :)

Reactions: Tom9962

Advertisement

ben785

Chocolate Potato
Jul 25, 2019
The big reveal?
3 months ago today, I had the task of coping from home, with school, OMSI and my social life, and I believe I’ve got a good balance. Over the past 3 months huge developments have happened, not just in the map, but in real life too. My GCSEs are in 11 months and while being at a disadvantage to previous GCSE years, I haven’t let this get me down.

Good question. My aim is to get all 3 routes ready to send to @Jem in 3 months, so he can to Junctions, then over to Tyler for the routes, AI buses and timetables. You may think this is far too ambitious but with 2 routes being 100% drivable, and the shortest route to do, it is certainly possible to do. So there is a big possibility that you will be seeing, or even driving on this map this year.

With the help of @BKG93 I’ve in a week or two learnt how to make custom buildings and assets, and I believe this is key for not just a real based map, but any map as it gives character and identity. So my aim is to have a good portion of the map being custom assets, made by either me, bkg or jem.

Further news:
With my birthday in the upcoming days, I have decided to purchase a brand new PC, new desk, new monitors, and keyboard, to help development in the map and I might even do streams of the map over on my discord server: Join the Branchline Productions Discord Server!

Pictures:
View attachment 67862
View attachment 67863
View attachment 67864
View attachment 67865
View attachment 67866
View attachment 67867
View attachment 67868
View attachment 67869
View attachment 67870
View attachment 67875
View attachment 67876
View attachment 67877
View attachment 67879
View attachment 67881
View attachment 67882
Really looking forward to this! I've got my GCSEs at the same time as you, good luck!

Reactions: Tom9962

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
The big reveal?

Further news:

Pictures:
View attachment 67862
View attachment 67863
View attachment 67864
View attachment 67865
View attachment 67866
View attachment 67867
View attachment 67868
View attachment 67869
View attachment 67870
View attachment 67875
View attachment 67876
View attachment 67877
View attachment 67879
View attachment 67881
View attachment 67882

JEYSUS!!! This says come sooo far from when you did raddington, cannot wait to have a drive, this will be absolutely fantastic, and it’ll be nice to have some fresh custom buildings, just watch out with sambobs bollards, they have a little black baseplate and it seems that it’s sunk into the ground on this screenshot.
7F0C3D87-1630-4301-85DA-EF1FAC8382D7.jpeg

Reactions: Tom9962 and Kyle C

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread