Tile Ground Textures not Saving

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
The ground textures in OMSI Editor are behaving a bit weird.
Something I haven't tried in a while is adding new textures that are not the default grass or the paved surface. I added some new ones of sand and wood and concrete.

After all seeming to be normal, when I went on to the next tile, the new textures went very patchy and hard to control where they were going. Whether the textures worked well of not varied randomly depending on which tile I was trying to add them to.

In the screenshot below, there is a definite spit seen between the lower (good) tile and the higher (bad) one.

textures.png

So I saved the map and tried again...
All the ground textures were gone. When I clicked on the terrain tab they were still showing but there was nothing on the tile.
I've textured the ground just fine in OMSI 1 before so what is stopping this in OMSI 2?

Any ideas?

(this second screenshot showing after I loaded the map up again and all the texture is missing)

textures2.png

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
this error actually affects all the maps I try and make with the 'Newmap' template
So I literally can't make any new maps, only edit downloadable ones

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
im also having this issue is there a solution?
I think I've fixed it though, in an odd way.
I copied tile number 0 (or one of them, it was) from Cotterell and made a map of just that one tile. Then I loaded it up in the editor and it already had ground textures, buildings etc on it, so I deleted all the buildings and splines and stuff and only left the ground texture.

The 'map' consisted of one tile with a bit of grey texture on it. I substituted this in instead of the 'newmap' thing in the Templates folder for when you create new maps. Now the ground texture saves as it should.

Unfortunately this doesn't help maps I've already started which I later on found the ground texture wouldn't save. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how to fix this.