Thoughts on patch 1.11 (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2014
Hey everyone whats your opinion about the latest patch 1.11?

I myself love the new features and the seat adjustment is really cool and fun to play with. I think 1.11 is one of the best patches along with with 1.9 (new ai code), 1.10(metallic paint jobs), 1.5 (support for going east dlc)and 1.6.(world of trucks)

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I like the extra 3 cities on the map and the surrounding roads, they're a really nice addition. Apart from that I don't think it's a really big deal, the seating position on the volvo, the truck I drive, was fine as it is but I can see it would be useful for trucks like the Mercedes where the seat is usually quite high

Advertisement

Jul 26, 2014
I went back to the old version on Steam because I knew it wouldn't run with my promods map, but even after I went back to the old version my game still crashed. So now I'm just waiting until my mods release a compatible version before I play it again.

Your game crashed because it was saved using a newer version (1.11) and then you downgraded to 1.10. Check your ETS2 folder in Documents; there is a folder called "Profiles(1.11.x).bak". Copy the contents to your main "Profiles" folder and you can use your savegames now; until a new Promods is released (take a backup from the original Profiles, just in case).

Reactions: mooby346
Jul 26, 2014
Your game crashed because it was saved using a newer version (1.11) and then you downgraded to 1.10. Check your ETS2 folder in Documents; there is a folder called "Profiles(1.11.x).bak". Copy the contents to your main "Profiles" folder and you can use your savegames now; until a new Promods is released (take a backup from the original Profiles, just in case).

What if I didn't play it before I switched back to the old version? I tried loading the updated version but the game wouldn't even load. So I went online and googled and it said to switch back to the old temp version and it will work. So I did that and was successfully playing the game for about an hour before it crashed.

Either way, thanks for the tip, I will try it when I get home from work.

Advertisement

If the game was good for an hour and crashed after that, then it's not related to the upgrade/downgrade situation and is probably a mod error because as far as I know, ETS2 savegames are either fine and work 100% or they're corrupt and will never work (someone correct me if I'm wrong). And always feel free to ask questions from me or others; we will be happy to help.

Jul 26, 2014
If the game was good for an hour and crashed after that, then it's not related to the upgrade/downgrade situation and is probably a mod error because as far as I know, ETS2 savegames are either fine and work 100% or they're corrupt and will never work (someone correct me if I'm wrong). And always feel free to ask questions from me or others; we will be happy to help.

Thanks for the help man, I appreciate it. If that's the case I suspect it might be a trailers mod I downloaded a couple days ago, we'll see soon enough.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread