Thoughts on patch 1.11

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
Hey everyone whats your opinion about the latest patch 1.11?

I myself love the new features and the seat adjustment is really cool and fun to play with. I think 1.11 is one of the best patches along with with 1.9 (new ai code), 1.10(metallic paint jobs), 1.5 (support for going east dlc)and 1.6.(world of trucks)

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I like the extra 3 cities on the map and the surrounding roads, they're a really nice addition. Apart from that I don't think it's a really big deal, the seating position on the volvo, the truck I drive, was fine as it is but I can see it would be useful for trucks like the Mercedes where the seat is usually quite high

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
The seat adjustment feature is really fun to play with. I don't even look at the road anymore!!

Driver097

Jun 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
The new update is "just fine". Everything is good except the fact that I had explored 99.9% of the map and couldn't reach 100; now, I have more work to do. :angry10:

mooby346

Jul 26, 2014
I went back to the old version on Steam because I knew it wouldn't run with my promods map, but even after I went back to the old version my game still crashed. So now I'm just waiting until my mods release a compatible version before I play it again.

Driver097

Jun 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
Your game crashed because it was saved using a newer version (1.11) and then you downgraded to 1.10. Check your ETS2 folder in Documents; there is a folder called "Profiles(1.11.x).bak". Copy the contents to your main "Profiles" folder and you can use your savegames now; until a new Promods is released (take a backup from the original Profiles, just in case).

Reactions: mooby346

mooby346

Jul 26, 2014
Your game crashed because it was saved using a newer version (1.11) and then you downgraded to 1.10. Check your ETS2 folder in Documents; there is a folder called "Profiles(1.11.x).bak". Copy the contents to your main "Profiles" folder and you can use your savegames now; until a new Promods is released (take a backup from the original Profiles, just in case).
What if I didn't play it before I switched back to the old version? I tried loading the updated version but the game wouldn't even load. So I went online and googled and it said to switch back to the old temp version and it will work. So I did that and was successfully playing the game for about an hour before it crashed.

Either way, thanks for the tip, I will try it when I get home from work.

Driver097

Jun 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
If the game was good for an hour and crashed after that, then it's not related to the upgrade/downgrade situation and is probably a mod error because as far as I know, ETS2 savegames are either fine and work 100% or they're corrupt and will never work (someone correct me if I'm wrong). And always feel free to ask questions from me or others; we will be happy to help.

mooby346

Jul 26, 2014
If the game was good for an hour and crashed after that, then it's not related to the upgrade/downgrade situation and is probably a mod error because as far as I know, ETS2 savegames are either fine and work 100% or they're corrupt and will never work (someone correct me if I'm wrong). And always feel free to ask questions from me or others; we will be happy to help.
Thanks for the help man, I appreciate it. If that's the case I suspect it might be a trailers mod I downloaded a couple days ago, we'll see soon enough.