Thoughts on a Devon/Cornwall countryside-based map? (1 Viewer)

Tell me what you think about the idea, and drop any suggestions or help in the comments.

Yes, I understand that BoTW is based upon Totnes and Paignton already, but I feel as if a fictitious map with Cornish and Devonian characteristics is a good idea. It would incorporate countryside, woodland, rural and seaside areas with realistic roads and traffic, layouts and structure.

All feedback is appreciated.

SimHub: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Feb 20, 2017
Tell me what you think about the idea, and drop any suggestions or help in the comments.

Yes, I understand that BoTW is based upon Totnes and Paignton already, but I feel as if a fictitious map with Cornish and Devonian characteristics is a good idea. It would incorporate countryside, woodland, rural and seaside areas with realistic roads and traffic, layouts and structure.

All feedback is appreciated.

SimHub: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
It's a good idea

Advertisement

ELCMylennium

Publicity design man ting
Jan 21, 2018

Yes sounds like a great idea! I live in Devon and would be very enjoyable and challenging too if made to proper Devon/Cornwall style!

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
Would LOVE a Cornwall map based off Penzance/Truro/StIves. Maybe make places with the same names and same route numbers, Company ect ect, but have fictional road layouts and things if you want. The right country roads such as on the Route A1 and U4 would be an AMAZING addition/inspiration.
Sounds good, but I was thinking less of a model. I'd find it quite hard to base a map off that area, but I would certainly love to do it.

Truro to Truro College (T3), Penzance and St Ives via Threemileston, Redruth, Camborne, Hayle (T2), St Erth and Long Rock (T1), and Truro to Falmouth via Devoran, Perranarworthal, Penryn Campus and Penryn (U1), Falmouth to Penryn Campus via Penryn (U3) and Penzance via Penryn, Helston, Porthleven, Praa Sands and Long Rock (U4) and Falmouth to Redruth via Penryn, Penryn Campus, Ponsanooth and Lanner (U2) is definitely a future project, but will take a lot of time to make. I dont have the biggest expertise in map-making, so that wouldn't be a job for me, unfortunately.

Advertisement

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
Dare you to do Polperro, Mevagissey, Mousehole, etc
Maybe in the future, just gotta get up to your standard ;)
I'm very familiar with most of Cornwall so the route M6 (Penzance - Mousehole) wouldn't hurt much, been to Polperro a couple of times but never been to Mevagissey. But it's on, I'll try it when I decide to do replicas, it's just that my level of detail lacks with available splines and objects and I am not very good at making my own splines and objects, thus I wouldn't be very satisfied.

Advertisement

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
Hi guys,

Well, the short of it is - back in August, as I was getting well under way with the map, my OMSI decided to break itself (yes, this happens an awful lot with my version - and yes, it is a legitimate edition as I bought it on Steam back in 2015), resulting in most of my assets breaking and most of my maps not working (now Yorkshire, Scunthorpe Left Path and Tettau do not work at all, and BOTW, Bowdenham and Farthington, along with several buses temporarily stopped working [only fixed by multiple reinstalls]). And with my luck, it had also broken the map I was working on - Penliegh.

As I lack patience and time, I decided to discontinue the map.

Since, I have been trying to repeatedly fix my copy of OMSI and I have mostly been able to fix it, yet not fully. As bizarre or unrealistic as it sounds, yes, my OMSI does break and even uninstall itself - it seems to be a problem with my Steam client as many other games also uninstall themselves, even copies that have no add-ons or mods, and sometimes also break themselves - despite not being updated.

Trust me, I've been trying to get support for this for a very long time.

It is now that I have decided to make it public that I have discontinued it as I had hoped I would be able to get back on track, but with my education and the amount of free time that I really don't have, I am unable to get back on track.

I honestly wish I could as it would be a challenge and there would be another map to play, but education is important to me and I wish to do the best I can - therefore I have to put the most amount of time that I can into it.

I am sorry about this (not that anybody was actually hyped lol), and I'm also sorry for apparently underestimating the task, whilst also apparently coming across as quite cocky.

Nonetheless, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread