Maps Thornhill (Flaxton V3) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Welcome back to Flaxton! You may of noticed that I named the title Thornhill, this is because of size. Because all 2/3 Flaxton maps are being merged together plus Flaxton 3, i thought the best thing to do was make Flaxton part of a bigger city/area, so the plan is: 

Routes:

9 Park and Ride - Flaxton Bus Station 

44 University of Flaxton  - Flaxton Bus Station 

35 Park and ride 1 - Park and ride 2

59 University of Flaxton - Park and ride 1

100 Tesco - Flaxton Bus Station 

Detail: 

Aiming for UKDT quality but I know I won't be as good as them yet!

if anyone can give me any tips on making multiple routes that would be good because sometime the timetables editing doesn't know which route to pair which with, also I just need to know how to write the indicies for traffic lights

*Screenshots not finished quality*

View attachment 2502

View attachment 2503

View attachment 2504

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
You're getting there, have to say, this is some of your best work so far. Well done!

and when setting the timetables, make sure you click select the drop down menu for more trips (not on my PC currently, so I can't remember what it's specifically called), and look for the appropriate one. Make sure that the start track for that specific trip  is the same as the one which the previous trip ends on, if that makes sense. I think I said that in a complex way, but yeah. Also try not to have too many repetitive buildings :) .

also remember that you should only aspire to be as great as other developers, if not better! Don't cast a shadow of doubt by saying you'll never be as great as them, you can be as great as you want to be. Besides you're starting this developing thing out younger than us all, so I can only have great hopes for you! Just about determination and staying motivated

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

You're getting there, have to say, this is some of your best work so far. Well done!

and when setting the timetables, make sure you click select the drop down menu for more trips (not on my PC currently, so I can't remember what it's specifically called), and look for the appropriate one. Make sure that the start track for that specific trip  is the same as the one which the previous trip ends on, if that makes sense. I think I said that in a complex way, but yeah. Also try not to have too many repetitive buildings :) .

also remember that you should only aspire to be as great as other developers, if not better! Don't cast a shadow of doubt by saying you'll never be as great as them, you can be as great as you want to be. Besides you're starting this developing thing out younger than us all, so I can only have great hopes for you! Just about determination and staying motivated

Thank you for the advice! I've ised a few cotterrell buildings an I'm not using Freemans this time, do I know a good folder for buildings like cotterrell? Because there isn't a big enough variety sometimes in Freemans qnd for uk buildings 

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Thank you for the advice! I've ised a few cotterrell buildings an I'm not using Freemans this time, do I know a good folder for buildings like cotterrell? Because there isn't a big enough variety sometimes in Freemans qnd for uk buildings 

You could probably get away with using a couple of the default buildings from Berlin and probably replacing the textures on them, but I'm not sure if you caught my stream the other day, but maybe have a go at developing a few of your own, I ran through the whole proccess of starting a building in blender from scratch to the texturing part. Didn't have enough time to cover the exporting part, but it's fairly simple. I think apart from the UKDT buildings and of course freemans, there isn't many freeware UK buildings that are available to use

You could probably get away with using a couple of the default buildings from Berlin and probably replacing the textures on them, but I'm not sure if you caught my stream the other day, but maybe have a go at developing a few of your own, I ran through the whole proccess of starting a building in blender from scratch to the texturing part. Didn't have enough time to cover the exporting part, but it's fairly simple. I think apart from the UKDT buildings and of course freemans, there isn't many freeware UK buildings that are available to use

Please help! when i tried to save Thornhill all it comes up with is error! omsi has not enough storage to proccess this command! anyone know how to fix?

Advertisement

It has an eerie resemblance to Coterell but I like it

thats because i used cotterrell buildings (i asked) Lots of maps remind me of cotterell, especially the mappers map lohborough (take it as a compliment the mapper!)

A nice enough start, though it has some rough edges and at the moment is very flat

u want hills? ill see what i can do!

Last edited:

Advertisement

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
It's improved greatly. Kudos on that.

However I'm conCerne at a few things - the overuse of the same buildings constantly. Try using the Load Directory function as that'll open up all scenery objects in that folder. Second of all, use the Centreline Warning 150 spline as that's wider and personally think it looks better. I don't go out measuring road markings but I don't think I've seen a centre line as narrow as 100.

Anyway, a good start and much needed improvement for Flaxton looks like it's off to a good start.

It's improved greatly. Kudos on that.

However I'm conCerne at a few things - the overuse of the same buildings constantly. Try using the Load Directory function as that'll open up all scenery objects in that folder. Second of all, use the Centreline Warning 150 spline as that's wider and personally think it looks better. I don't go out measuring road markings but I don't think I've seen a centre line as narrow as 100.

Anyway, a good start and much needed improvement for Flaxton looks like it's off to a good start.

thanks, this is all 1,2, and 3 flaxton versions into one map so there should be country rioads and i think this time its actually going to take longer than 1 month! im going to take more time to this one!

Rob_Devs

All time legend/Salisbury Reds Driver
Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
Nice start to the map. Keep up the work, looks better quailty. Im assuming you have learned lessons from past experiencewith the editor. Also what i find useful is watching past broadcasts of whitslehead, fellowslothb and iomex, as a reference/guideance, 9 times out of 10 they cover something that you didnt know that you could do in the editor

Nice start to the map. Keep up the work, looks better quailty. Im assuming you have learned lessons from past experiencewith the editor. Also what i find useful is watching past broadcasts of whitslehead, fellowslothb and iomex, as a reference/guideance, 9 times out of 10 they cover something that you didnt know that you could do in the editor

Thanks! im taking more time with this one! im just about to post some screenshots, whistlehead asked for hills, also, iomex hasnt streamed in a while has he? or has he because i havent seen him live in a while, and i learned about making better quality like this by watching streams and plaing iomexs maps, going into freecam and looking where u wouldnt normally that sort of thing!

Thanks! the shopper is getting a good repaint for various buses unless someone else wants to to do it because im not the best at repaints... lol! and the bus station will be BTVs bus station roof like in Flaxton V2 because i was told the pathing was wrong in the bust station Of V1

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread