This thread started life on pop filters... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going around looking for the best pop filter that will support two of my Microphones. An blue Yeti (that I need to by still) and a $6.95 body microphone that I will use until I get the Yeti.

I have already picked my stand: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DY1F2...I3P4AJ4Q4DCRLY

Just need to look for an pop filter that will do my gaming video and reviews for doing videos.

Here is what I came up:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanway-MU-7...rds=Pop+Filter

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dual-Layer-...nix+Pop+Filter

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Honestly when it comes to pop filters, you could do it with a bit of nylon sheet and a cookie cutter. It really doesn't matter so long as the filter is dense to reduce the impact of your plosive words but not thick enough to muffle your voice (e.g. a hiking sock over the microphone). That's all a pop filter's job is.

When I'm not lighting stages, I'm helping the sound guys or doing other things so I know a bit about wind guards, filters, etc.

Go for that Wanway. It's got over 600 reviews man - how can you argue? :P

Advertisement

Honestly when it comes to pop filters, you could do it with a bit of nylon sheet and a cookie cutter. It really doesn't matter so long as the filter is dense to reduce the impact of your plosive words but not thick enough to muffle your voice (e.g. a hiking sock over the microphone). That's all a pop filter's job is.

When I'm not lighting stages, I'm helping the sound guys or doing other things so I know a bit about wind guards, filters, etc.

Go for that Wanway. It's got over 600 reviews man - how can you argue? :p
Glad that you are working in that area, Not like me haha. It's also cheaper option to go with the Wanway. Like why people will spend like over £20 for something that is basic in what I be using it for.

also good to hear feedback

Reactions: Seven
Well this is also assuming he doesn't have the rest of the bits needed to make the filter stand and holder. Plus not everyone wants to fiddle around when they can pay a couple pounds to just get a finished, quality product. :p
I don't have the bits laying around. I do have rubbish laying around but not to make an pop filter. Still £3 is not that high of an price.

Still get an £3 cup of coffee that last for 5mins or pop filter for the same price that will last 5 years

Advertisement

Anyone can function without coffee! I love coffee and I drink about 3 or 4 cups a day, but I by no means need it - I just enjoy the taste of it. :p
I have made coffee before and willing to work selling coffee and yet the UK is crap for coffee. The beans are not as good here.

Love to drink it but we still can think without having an coffee

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I drink Nescafé Gold here in the UK. Love that stuff, nothing like the first deep smell of a fresh jar either. That's a high in itself! :p

My uncle also has Costa cartridges for a Tassimo coffee machine and those things are also very nice and in my opinion, taste better than the actual Costa coffee you pay £3 for in a café. Overpriced much! £3 for a cup of coffee?? I could put 25/30 miles in the car for that. 45 on the bike, nuts man.

Reactions: ◇ Danny ◇
I've got a keurig and use dunkin doughnuts coffee or a good french vanilla. Usually 4 cups get me through the day. I can get a decent chocolate mocha latte at McDonald's for a couple bucks but why pay 2 or 3 bucks for a 12oz when I can get better quality from my keurig.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
@Empire KickAss - I fixed the topic for you, man! ;)

Ji2LANP.png

Advertisement

I drink Nescafé Gold here in the UK. Love that stuff, nothing like the first deep smell of a fresh jar either. That's a high in itself! :p

My uncle also has Costa cartridges for a Tassimo coffee machine and those things are also very nice and in my opinion, taste better than the actual Costa coffee you pay £3 for in a café. Overpriced much! £3 for a cup of coffee?? I could put 25/30 miles in the car for that. 45 on the bike, nuts man.

I have a Tassimo machine too, that takes the discs. You are right IMO the costa for the machines is better than real costa coffee! But it is still pretty expensive, over £5 for a box of 8 cups of coffee, only lasts me 4 or 5 days =/

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread