Third Generation Volvo B8RLE (1 Viewer)

As many will know i like to stir things up when it comes to new things (just look at the Arriva logo thread) however today i have just come across the first Volvo B8RLE to carry the third generation front end same as of which from the Gemini III and Streetdeck. it seems as though the second Generation bodies on the B8RLE are now being phased out.

Here it is the new Volvo B8RLE first of which to go to Lothian's Subsidiary East Coast Buses.
The photo is copyrighted to James Bus Photos on Flickr.

Last edited:

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Personally, when they removed the Gemini III face and put the frog face on it, it ruined the bus for me. Once again, they ruin the look of a bus by putting it on a B8RLE. Wright Bodywork designers must be on another planet. My opinion, is that this, along with the Streetshite front end look horrible. It looks like its had a good punch into the face...what it deserves....

Reactions: 0118999

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
1 Muriel Street, Barrhead
yeah it looks really nice, reminds me of an ALX300 in some ways.
I can see it too, the big bumpers, the way the lights are above and stepped out from each other, the dip at the bottom of the windscreen like the alx300's trim and the curved roof with marker lights at the side of the destination box. Is it a conspiracy, a coincidence or an inspiration?

Advertisement

amelia

maybe i'm just thinking too much
Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
amethyst-studios.start.page
Pronouns
She/Her
The Gemini 3 is a bucktooth teen, this is a bucktooth kid. Reminds me of Misha a bit :tearsofjoy:
Screenshot_2017-03-07-21-11-25.jpg

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Well that's a hard thing to have an initial opinion on :P I'm torn - it bears some strong resemblance to a more angular ALX300 which is only a good thing, but something about the proportions of the front end is a bit odd - it doesn't have that cat-like purpose the Gen-2 front had, it looks, I dunno, slower.

I'll look forward to seeing it in other liveries, anyway :)

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
Not a fan of Wright's new front end styling in general, I think it's the headlight clusters (if you can call them that) that really put me off. Don't think they've ever managed to top the original Eclipse nose tbh, they've had nothing since that's managed to tap in to the Zeitgeist in the quite the same way. Still, this is better than the Streetlite at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 422

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread