Maps TheStow (1 Viewer)

TheStow is a real life map set in the London Borough of Waltham-Forest. This map originally started it's life in OMSi 1 reaching around 20% completion with 4 complete routes but it is now being remade in OMSI 2 with custom sceneryobjects and custom buses.

The map will feature around 20 real life bus routes strectching the entire width of the East End. We are looking at implementing 2 custom buses in the map too, which will operate on the featured routes.

Areas That'll Be Included:
  • Walthamstow
  • Chingford
  • Ilford
  • Enfield
  • Wood Green
  • Debden
  • Loughton
  • Tottenham
  • Romford
Some Of The Routes Included:
  • W11
  • W16
  • And many more!
Here is a screenshot of Chingford Mount (Thanks to the UKDT for the C400R pictured)

6ce768b0fad79bbe386c117dc7b5d893.jpeg

Reactions: Stagecoachdriver

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I'd have to agree with Lewis, a large map within a few months is not very achieveable. London has 16 routes and it's taken 3 and a half years so far. Plus the areas you have chosen seem to be across a massive section of north and east London, may be best to start with one route and slowly expand from there.
20 routes and 2 custom made buses by autumn, hmm hold up. I really wish you the best with your project but I feel this is beyond what you can actually physically achieve in a few months.

Reactions: LukeW
TheStow is a real life map set in the London Borough of Waltham-Forest. This map originally started it's life in OMSi 1 reaching around 20% completion with 4 complete routes but it is now being remade in OMSI 2 with custom sceneryobjects and custom buses.

The map will feature around 20 real life bus routes strectching the entire width of the East End. We are looking at implementing 2 custom buses in the map too, which will operate on the featured routes.

Areas That'll Be Included:
  • Walthamstow
  • Chingford
  • Ilford
  • Enfield
  • Wood Green
  • Debden
  • Loughton
  • Tottenham
  • Romford
Some Of The Routes Included:
  • W11
  • W16
  • And many more!
Here is a screenshot of Chingford Mount (Thanks to the UKDT for the C400R pictured)

View attachment 13696

Good luck, very ambitious.

Melvin Williams

Notorious Superfraud
Oct 24, 2016
Croydon
I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say I wish you the very best of luck with this project! I would say that this doesn't have to be Cotterell or BOTW levels of detail, but I highly suspect that this will take longer than suspected. However, I suggest you do what I'm doing with my Croydon map which I'd wait for London to come out before carrying on, as a TON of helpful Splines and Scenery objects to give the map the best Londonesque feel! Best of luck! If any help is needed I'm here to PM/Discord.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say I wish you the very best of luck with this project! I would say that this doesn't have to be Cotterell or BOTW levels of detail, but I highly suspect that this will take longer than suspected. However, I suggest you do what I'm doing with my Croydon map which I'd wait for London to come out before carrying on, as a TON of helpful Splines and Scenery objects to give the map the best Londonesque feel! Best of luck! If any help is needed I'm here to PM/Discord.
The problem with using addon splines and objects, is that everyone who'll use your map will also have to have the payware addon. There's also not much to judge at the moment...

Reactions: Lukeo

Advertisement

LukeW

London Bus Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2017
Any other screenshots of this map buddy
More will follow shortly :)

20 routes and 2 custom made buses by autumn, hmm hold up. I really wish you the best with your project but I feel this is beyond what you can actually physically achieve in a few months.
I'd have to agree with Lewis, a large map within a few months is not very achieveable. London has 16 routes and it's taken 3 and a half years so far. Plus the areas you have chosen seem to be across a massive section of north and east London, may be best to start with one route and slowly expand from there.
Good luck, very ambitious.
I agree the release date is a bit ambitious :P I plan to release the basis of the map by November/December and follow it up with updates with new routes and the buses (Which'll probably be one of the last updates)

Will this require TSLP because I don't have it :(.
No :) The map will be it's own entity and will include all necessary splines/sceneryobjects

I won't be using splines of a payware addon as it'll limit the users who can use the map. I will probably be making a few of my own custom splines for the map anyway :P

The problem with using addon splines and objects, is that everyone who'll use your map will also have to have the payware addon. There's also not much to judge at the moment...
I totally agree with you :D

Reactions: Lukeo

Users who are viewing this thread