TheMapper's Workbench (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Feb 12, 2016
Here is some screenshots of the Bus Stand: This has added road markings!!

Looking good, as usual  :D
There's a little friendly advice I'd like to give you: I'd suggest you fill the area surrounding that bus stand with things that would've made a bridge necessary. That would make it more realistic imho as it wouldn't seem logical to have the bus stand like that if there was enough space to do a "normal" one. (I know this is WIP so maybe you've already planned that)

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
Looking good, as usual  :D
There's a little friendly advice I'd like to give you: I'd suggest you fill the area surrounding that bus stand with things that would've made a bridge necessary. That would make it more realistic imho as it wouldn't seem logical to have the bus stand like that if there was enough space to do a "normal" one. (I know this is WIP so maybe you've already planned that)

I'm a tad confused what your saying. The bit about the bridge im a bit lost with it. If you could just rephrase it would be great. Sorry :)

Also i have created a youtube and twitch account. Be sure to watch some map editing steams!!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/themapper1

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXDXEzwFY5wMKbJB7lV4BtA

Last edited by a moderator:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I'm a tad confused what your saying. The bit about the bridge im a bit lost with it. If you could just rephrase it would be great. Sorry :)

Also i have created a youtube and twitch account. Be sure to watch some map editing steams!!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/themapper1

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXDXEzwFY5wMKbJB7lV4BtA

I think what he's saying is that there doesn't seem to be a reason for the bridge to be there, as bridges are expensive so they normally aren't used where the don't have to be, so there should be an excuse in the scenery for it to have to be there :) What i'd do is make a backup copy of the map (just copy and paste the map folder) and then start playing with the terrain, maybe make a rockface or something - something to make it less expensive to build a bridge than anything else. Might not fit in with the rest of your scenery, though, so maybe a listed building or a manor house with walled garden or something instead?

Also, would you like me to add your twitch and youtube to the channels thread?

Feb 12, 2016
Yes please and so the bridge through the middle should that be removed is what he is saying?

No, as whistlehead said what I meant was that bridges are costly and therefore only used where necessary, so maybe having buildings/natural obstacles near the bus stand would make the bridge appear necessary. I'm not asking you to remove, as it looks great!

Advertisement

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
Here is the updated Bus Stand/Pick Up:

I think this is maybe complete or if i think of a different idea i will completely redo the Bus Stand/Pick Up

View attachment 199

View attachment 200

The centre has been filled with Shrubbery!

View attachment 202

Bridge has been removed due to reasons. @whistlehead + @sunny2807 have suggested to make it more built up around. The part of this where it is, is only meant to be country side so not really much buildings. I also feel it looks better. Thanks to the help from these to people!!

View attachment 203

Am i aloud to use this object in the map? (The Bollard)

View attachment 201

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
@Themapper Very nice :) I'll recommend that you make your own WIP thread for this if you're sure you're going to keep working on it.

If that's the copy of the bollard from Cotterell, I'd recommend downloading Roadhog's british-style road items pack from this forum, because that's the publically redistribute version. It also includes new versions of those bus stop markings you've used, including a prefabricated one so you don't have to draw it out with splines every time.

Advertisement

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread