Community Involvement #TheBigSurprise ETS2 + Road to the Black Sea DLC Giveaway! (1 Viewer)

Jesus you ungrateful lot moaning - they literally say they're trying to expand, and then everyone proceeds to go and say there's hardly anything for ETS on here. Isn't that literally the point of expanding something, because it's too small currently? The community never fails to disappoint. Well done to those actually engaging with the thing that FF management have done to try and grow the forum

Your compltley missing the point here.

Theres no problem with trying to expand (even though it wont work as well as omsi does as ets has steam workshop support which is where majority of mods get uploaded, which is why there is literally no content here. The only things that arent on workshop are map mods, where the most popular are things like promods with their own site, and the rest usually being already hosted on other sites. But its still completley possible to get allot more ets2 discussion on the fourms etc which I fully support.)

The main issue people are annoyed is how much they hyped somthing up which in turn was not relevant to most of the community as we all know that alot of people are here for OMSI. I mean whats all the fuss about hyping it up as being revealed at 7pm sharp, making people be online as if somthing cool will release at 7pm, while it turns out that its an annoucnement for a giveaway, that doesent close for 16 days. There was no reason atall to hype it up to a specific time as not a single person would benifit from it for another 16 days minimum.

Im sure people do appriciate the giveaway - I do and completley support trying to expand. But hyping it up so much and wasting peoples time is not somthing I will be agreeing with.

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
They hyped up a bloody giveaway for a piece of DLC which is often on sale...
Hey, you can always choose to not get over-excited in the future now! :P
Wether or not it’s on sale, you’re still getting it free of charge.
Either way, I’m sure someone will appreciate and enjoy the giveaway so it’s win-win :)

Reactions: iiBus and Bones

Advertisement

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
There was no reason atall to hype it up to a specific time as not a single person would benifit from it for another 16 days minimum.

Im sure people do appriciate the giveaway - I do and completley support trying to expand. But hyping it up so much and wasting peoples time is not somthing I will be agreeing with.

You realise it wouldn't be a fair raffle unless there was at least that amount of time for it to occur in... You should also consider that if this were done in the background, there would be people complaining how they didnt get a chance because no one told them about it...

Mar 15, 2016
They hyped up a bloody giveaway for a piece of DLC which is often on sale...

The RTTBS DLC hasn't been on the sale before (due to it being recently released) and in the summer sale if does go on sale, will only have a small discount; which is why it makes sense for FF to be doing a giveaway for it :)

But other than that i think it's great that FF are wanting to expand their presence/community. Sure the majority of traffic will be at the SCS Software forums and the Promods forums as they've had years to build up; but there's no harm in trying. If any creator wants any help or advice (except for map making as i'm not familiar with that area) i'll be around to help.

Last edited:

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
The main issue people are annoyed is how much they hyped somthing up which in turn was not relevant to most of the community as we all know that alot of people are here for OMSI.

Do remember that we also integrated trucksim into our family so we do have a large member-base interested in this sort of thing. The team (Especially @Bones ) worked hard to put this together, we're giving users the chance to get a free game/DLC. Sure, it might go on sale every now and then but what about people who can't spare the money? Hell, I'm sure we have parents on here who would love the chance to get free games for their kids. (Personally I would have loved to get ETS +RTTBS for free)

You realise it wouldn't be a fair raffle unless there was at least that amount of time for it to occur in... You should also consider that if this were done in the background, there would be people complaining how they didnt get a chance because no one told them about it...

Obviously they can announce it, im completly for that, but there is no reason to have multiple tweets saying to be there at a specifiic time where there is no difference between showing up at that time or 15 days later.

The RTTBS DLC hasn't been on the sale before (due to it being recently released) and in the summer sale if does go on sale, will only have a small discount; which is why it makes sense for FF to be doing a giveaway for it :)

But other than that i think it's great that FF are wanting to expand their presence/community. Sure the majority of traffic will be at the SCS Software forums and the Promods forums as they've had years to build up; but there's no harm in trying. If any creator wants any help or advice (except for map making as i'm not familiar with that area) i'll be around to help.

Its already been down to 20% off so far, and im guessing it will be even more in the summer sale in a few weeks.

Do remember that we also integrated trucksim into our family so we do have a large member-base interested in this sort of thing. The team (Especially @Bones ) worked hard to put this together, we're giving users the chance to get a free game/DLC. Sure, it might go on sale every now and then but what about people who can't spare the money? Hell, I'm sure we have parents on here who would love the chance to get free games for their kids. (Personally I would have loved to get ETS +RTTBS for free)

Although trucksim may of been intergrated, it is still alot less populated than OMSI which is still the dominant community on this fourm.

Thats why that it should of either been announced at the start that it would be trucksim related or fully announced at once, without all this '#TheBigSurprise at 7pm' stuff.

With the way it was announced it basically just made all the people who are here for OMSI hyped up over somthing they arnt interested in, which is no suprise the cause of virtually every complaint about this.

Imagine for an example aerosoft annoucning within all their variety of published games to be readay for "A big surprise" and to be their for 7pm, and it turns out to be a 16 day long giveaway for "Police Helicopter Simulator". Imagine how impressed all the Omsi or Zusi players would be that they made time to be there at a 7pm for somthing completley irrelevant to them.

Advertisement

Bones

im a cowdoy
Administrator
FF Council
Sep 19, 2016
Canada
fellowsfilm.com
Pronouns
He/Him
The results are in!

We have received over 500 entries into our giveaway, we have chosen 10 (ten) winners at random.

The following have 48 hours to get in touch with us to claim your prize:
  • @ASC_SugarLoaf (Fellowsfilm) [CLAIMED]
  • @DanielRF_8 (Twitter) [CLAIMED]
  • @Max_ (Fellowsfilm) [CLAIMED]
  • @DatGuy135 (Fellowsfilm) [CLAIMED]
  • @Xico26 (Fellowsfilm) [CLAIMED]
  • @jamiebally (Fellowsfilm) [CLAIMED]
  • @Scott_W_UK (Twitter) [CLAIMED]
  • @LMSDenWen (Twitter) [CLAIMED]
  • @senka_steve (Twitter) [CLAIMED]
  • @_Plastix (Twitter) [CLAIMED]
Disqualified entry:
  • @Ecronbuses (Fellowsfilm)
    [Fraudulent entry, @Ecronbuses was honest about never entering, someone else had used their account information. Entry disqualified. We have a special gift coming your way for the honesty!!]
We will be contacting all winners via Fellowsfilm PM's, Twitter DM's, and Email. Please do not contact us first, entrants will receive messages shortly.

Is there a time for tommorow's livestream?
Unfortunately, we are cancelling our Livestream event and adding the prizes planned for giveaway to the contest end, hence why we currently have 10 bundles to win. With all of the current events going on in the world, we do not feel the time is right to clutter social media with a stream when more important messages are needing to be heard.

We would like to take a few moments to remind everyone:
  • You have the right to be seen, heard, and respected as a citizen of the world.
  • You have the right to a world that is peaceful.
  • You have the right to be treated with equality, regardless of the color of your skin.
  • You have the right to be protected from harm, injustice, and hatred.
  • You have the right to an education that prepares you to run the world.
  • You have the right to your opinions and feelings, even if others don't agree with them.
Stand with us, make a difference. #BlackLivesMatter

Last edited:

Advertisement

iiBus

Edinburgh bus enthusiast & Downloads moderator
Downloads Moderator
Outreach
Mar 8, 2020
Scotland, United Kingdom
Pronouns
He/Him
The results are in!

We have received over 500 entries into our giveaway, we have chosen 10 (ten) winners at random.

The following have 48 hours to get in touch with us to claim your prize:
  • @ASC_SugarLoaf (Fellowsfilm)
  • @DanielRF_8 (Twitter)
  • @Max_ (Fellowsfilm)
  • @DatGuy135 (Fellowsfilm)
  • @Xico26 (Fellowsfilm) [CLAIMED]
  • @jamiebally (Fellowsfilm) [CLAIMED]
  • @Scott_W_UK (Twitter)
  • @LMSDenWen (Twitter) [CLAIMED]
  • @senka_steve (Twitter)
  • @_Plastix (Twitter) [CLAIMED]
Disqualified entry:
  • @Ecronbuses (Fellowsfilm)
    [Fraudulent entry, @Ecronbuses was honest about never entering, someone else had used their account information. Entry disqualified. We have a special gift coming your way for the honesty!!]
We will be contacting all winners via Fellowsfilm PM's, Twitter DM's, and Email. Please do not contact us first, entrants will receive messages shortly.

Unfortunately, we are cancelling our Livestream event and adding the prizes planned for giveaway to the contest end, hence why we currently have 10 bundles to win. With all of the current events going on in the world, we do not feel the time is right to clutter social media with a stream when more important messages are needing to be heard.

We would like to take a few moments to remind everyone:
  • You have the right to be seen, heard, and respected as a citizen of the world.
  • You have the right to a world that is peaceful.
  • You have the right to be treated with equality, regardless of the color of your skin.
  • You have the right to be protected from harm, injustice, and hatred.
  • You have the right to an education that prepares you to run the world.
  • You have the right to your opinions and feelings, even if others don't agree with them.
Stand with us, make a difference. #BlackLivesMatter

GG winners, shame I lost, but that doesn't matter. Hope all winners enjoy their DLC and ETS2 if they don't have it.

Users who are viewing this thread