The Football Talk (1 Viewer)

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London
Welcome to The Thursday Football Talk and this week the discussion I want to bring up is this: Is Mikel Arteta Out Of His Depth At Arsenal And Can He Take Us Further? I personally think that Mikel Arteta definitely knows what he's doing and he has learnt from the best in the business from the like of Arsene Wenger 3x Premier League Winner and 7x FA Cup Winner and 7x Community Shield Winner and of Course Pep Guardiola 2x Premier League Winner 1x FA Cup winner and 1x Champions League winner as well as successes at other countries. I think Arteta is doing surprisingly well for what was expected from him and with some funds and his full squad being available to him he can definitely take this club in a good direction and bring us back to where we belong. What are your opinions? Feel free to discuss amongst Each other and we'll be back for The Thursday Football Talk Next Week.

Jan 24, 2020
My unpopular opinion - The premier league's top 4 won't be the same

The premier league last week produced some of the maddest results including Spurs beating Man. U. 6-1, Leicester losing 3-0 against West Ham and Liverpool breaking social distancing rules by losing 7-2 against Aston Villa.

So my opinion is this - I don't that that in May 2021 (unless the top 4 teams start performing well) we will have the same top 4 as we have seen in pervious seasons.

In my opinion, the top 4 come May 2021 will be:

1. Everton
  2. Leicester
  3. Arsenal
  4. Whoever gets lucky
I know where will be some people willing to debate that and I'm open to a debate as I am a football man at the end of the day. What do you lot think about this season?

But of course, anything's possible!

EDIT: This unpopular opinion will be changed throughout the season and a new post will be made when relevant

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Confused
Reactions: TAC and owen6116

Advertisement

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London
My unpopular opinion - The premier league's top 4 won't be the same

The premier league last week produced some of the maddest results including Spurs beating Man. U. 6-1, Leicester losing 3-0 against West Ham and Liverpool breaking social distancing rules by losing 7-2 against Aston Villa.

So my opinion is this - I don't that that in May 2021 (unless the top 4 teams start performing well) we will have the same top 4 as we have seen in pervious seasons.

In my opinion, the top 4 come May 2021 will be:

1. Everton
  2. Leicester
  3. Arsenal
  4. Whoever gets lucky
I know where will be some people willing to debate that and I'm open to a debate as I am a football man at the end of the day. What do you lot think about this season?

But of course, anything's possible!
I do agree with the team in the Top 4 and I think the title will be really close. I'm an Arsenal fan I'm hoping that we'll win it but I'm very excited #COYG

Reactions: ELT2003
Apr 15, 2020
I think Everton have been fantastic so far. Great signings in the window, a top class manager in Ancelotti. Very positive. With this season and we've saw last week with Liverpool and Utd anything can happen. Not going to make any predictions because it's wide open at this stage. Arsenal have a good start, and Arteta has done a good job this season.

travislamoon

trav
Banned Member
Jan 11, 2017
Pronouns
They/Them
liverpool will definitely be in the top 4 this season - yes they haven't been as good as they were last season but they're still levels clear of other teams. leicester literally lost to west ham so imo will probably finish 5th. united and chelsea are sh*t, everton are flying but need a better keeper than pickford because pickford is awful. arsenal, especially now with partey, will definitely be competing for top 3 at the most.

Jan 24, 2020
liverpool will definitely be in the top 4 this season - yes they haven't been as good as they were last season but they're still levels clear of other teams. leicester literally lost to west ham so imo will probably finish 5th. united and chelsea are sh*t, everton are flying but need a better keeper than pickford because pickford is awful. arsenal, especially now with partey, will definitely be competing for top 3 at the most.

I wouldn't rule out Liverpool but with Adrian in goal, alot of goals will be conceded as opposed to been scored

I do agree with the team in the Top 4 and I think the title will be really close. I'm an Arsenal fan I'm hoping that we'll win it but I'm very excited #COYG

We (Arsenal) need to aim for the top 4 before we can aim for the top 2 let alone the title. But as I said, anything's possible!

I think Everton have been fantastic so far. Great signings in the window, a top class manager in Ancelotti. Very positive. With this season and we've saw last week with Liverpool and Utd anything can happen. Not going to make any predictions because it's wide open at this stage. Arsenal have a good start, and Arteta has done a good job this season.

Yeah, I agree with you. We've got to keep the races open until later on when things really start to be shaped

Man Utd wont get top 4 definitely they 100 percent need new CBs and maybe someone on the right. Should have got Upamecano for a start. Feel sorry for the Utd fans

Man. U. need to sign defenders in January otherwise they won't even qualify for the Europa League which could lead to them sacking OGS

Advertisement

travislamoon

trav
Banned Member
Jan 11, 2017
Pronouns
They/Them
I wouldn't rule out Liverpool but with Adrian in goal, alot of goals will be conceded as opposed to been scored
that is true, although Alisson will be back in around a month and a half so he won't be missing too much action
We (Arsenal) need to aim for the top 4 before we can aim for the top 2 let alone the title. But as I said, anything's possible!
we'll get top 4, guaranteed, especially considering how dire chelsea and united are so far. the squad we have and the football we play will guarantee us top 4, we just need to remain consistent throughout long periods of time, arteta will do wonders though 100%

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London
that is true, although Alisson will be back in around a month and a half so he won't be missing too much action

we'll get top 4, guaranteed, especially considering how dire chelsea and united are so far. the squad we have and the football we play will guarantee us top 4, we just need to remain consistent throughout long periods of time, arteta will do wonders though 100%
Definitely, and I'm not too worried about injuries e.g. if Gabriel get's injured I would say Holding has him covered, Chambers is coming back so he might be able to cover RB, CB and DM. Martinelli is also coming back at the end of the year so yeah. Top 4 is the minimum for me

Jan 24, 2020
Who is looking forward to this seasons European cup football (both the UEL (Europa League) and the UCL (Champions League))? I am and I'm confident that Arsenal could correct the mistakes of previous seasons and finally win the Europa League. Imo, I think that Bayern Munich might have another shot at winning the UCL again.

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London
Who is looking forward to this seasons European cup football (both the UEL (Europa League) and the UCL (Champions League))? I am and I'm confident that Arsenal could correct the mistakes of previous seasons and finally win the Europa League. Imo, I think that Bayern Munich might have another shot at winning the UCL again.
Yh after Bayern smacked Atleti (who are a very good team at defending), I think Bayern are guaranteed semi-finalist at least. For the Europa I think that we (Arsenal) can get to the semi's and then probably lose to a Champions League drop down again

Reactions: ELT2003

Advertisement

BKG93

Member of Studio Polygon
Jan 2, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Pronouns
He/Him
International break gives lower teams a bit more spotlight, when the higher teams aren't playing. Although cancelled this year, non-league day only takes place because of international break so its good in that respect, plus its essentially England's pre-season friendlies for the Euros xD At least now with the nations league its a bit less pointless friendlies and a bit more competitive.

Only downside is no MoTD on Saturday night :mad:

travislamoon

trav
Banned Member
Jan 11, 2017
Pronouns
They/Them
Just curious to find out - what are your thoughts on the international break? Does it provide high quality football like in the league or does it bring down the quality of football?
especially during the pandemic, it's massively stupid. masses of players are getting injured on both international duty and just after international duty. it's awful for the players and teams with less squad depth. luckily there isn't another international break until march '21...

Apr 15, 2020
I'm a Liverpool fan. Despite us loosing to Villa at the start of the season, we might win the league again. Thats if no more players get injured, as if this continues we will be going down to the championship!

Had some bad injuries for you guys! Unlucky! Fabinho and Matip as your CB's for now then? I'm guessing

--

I don't really care for Nations League and friendlies, do care about euros and WC on the other hand

Advertisement

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread