The Help Desk - Object Development (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edward Fowler Show

Altchester creator
Aug 2, 2016
Manchester
Moderator note: Hey look, another thread I made for asking help for things by splitting comments off of another thread. :)
@Rhys where can i find find tutorials to make buildings from the real world into omsi 2 do you know where i can look as i tried youtube and google and no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The flags are just simply 4 rectangles. Two are textured with BusStopFlag.bmp, these are the sign itself. You can change that texture to have whatever you want on the sign. The other two are those that carry the text. The size of those defines the limits of the area that text can be applied to and as such without making a new model you can't change the placement or maximum quantity of text on the sign. There is also the "BusStopExtra.sco" with is a grey rectangle that can be added beneath the sign for more text (which has a really tiny bit of texture, so you can change the colour of it but not put any logos or anything). Hopefully this helps. :)

D

Deleted member 422

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to change @Road-hog123 's bus stop flags to a variant like Stagecoach's, which show numbers instead? Or what about number and place, it'd be really useful for what I'm doing, and would be happy to do it myself if I know how :)
I have some Stagecoach Bus Stop flag's which I myself have made. Just a case of working out how the text works. It's literally just a cuboid and really isn't hard to make. Maybe you could try your hand at Blender and give it a go?

Advertisement

I have some Stagecoach Bus Stop flag's which I myself have made. Just a case of working out how the text works. It's literally just a cuboid and really isn't hard to make. Maybe you could try your hand at Blender and give it a go?
I think I could probably suss out the model and the texturing, it's just the text setup. I'll look into it later though. Thanks!
(Also, if you don't mind, could you send those Stagecoach Bus Stops of yours my way, only if you're happy to do so obviously ;) )

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
If you're using Blender, the measurement defaults to metres, so if you have something that's 12.46 wide, it'll be 12.46 metres wide in OMSI.

For the most accurate measurements, you'd have to take a tape measure to the real thing, but sometimes that isn't physically possible or people may not like you measuring their houses.
For large things like buildings, the accuracy of measurement on Google Maps (Right click and choose "Measure Distance") is sufficient. I usually round the values to the nearest sensible unit for the building in question. For example you'd round to feet in the US or for older UK buildings, but metres for newer buildings or European ones. Depending on the location, you may want to disable 3D in the menu to zoom in closer or disable labels to stop them getting in the way.
upload_2017-8-12_17-34-43.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread