The Help Desk - Map Editing (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Ask us here if there's anything to do with OMSI map/content development you need help with.

A few pointers before we begin:
  • The inoffical SDK for the editor is here: http://www.omnibussimulator.de/download/SDK/Manual_SDK_1_EN.pdf This should answer most of your questions about the editor. Note that a few things have changed since OMSI 1, such as having to hold CTRL to get spline paths to snap together, but the vast majority is still applicable.
  • For UK road markings and signage, sign up to the TSRGD here: TSRGD 2016 - Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 (we're also happy to answer your questions about this if you don't want to pore through several hundered pages...)
  • This isn't a place to ask about support about released maps (ask in the release thread) or gameplay (ask in general discussion).
So, what do you need a hand with?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
I'm using Splines for my footpaths and I'm using the "paint" feature to paint my roads. Is it possible to use the "paint" feature and still use traffic lights as there isn't anywhere to parent the traffic light to at the moment?

Nope, youve got to use custom objects for junctions

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
The traffic light objects are simply representations, they don't control traffic in any way. They're paired to an object with an embedded traffic light sequence, and display the output of that.

For example, crossing and junction prefabs have traffic light sequences embedded in them, parenting a traffic light object to one will display that crossing's traffic light sequence.

See the OMSI SDK manual for details on how to setup traffic lights:

Advertisement

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
@BlueOrange @iomex okay guys. Thanks for your help.

Edit (didn't want to double post): Im trying to get the Road Spline Surface & Road Object Surface to match in texture. Using notepad++ im able to change the splines textures to the ones i like but i cant see the same things when i load a scenery object in notepad++. Is it not possible to change the textures on scenery objects.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. But I really want to make a map, and have tried many times with failed attempts. But I just wanted to ask if there is anyone that can make objects and splines for my map? Or is there one that can work alongside me in making a map that has only 1 route to start off?
Have you seen whistlehead's tutorial on how to make an object? He goes through it quite fast but do it slowly bit by bit and you'll be able to do it. that's what I did :P

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I will have a look around. But im a person who isn't very detailed lol. Thank you
I found that there was a tutorial on how to make a plane in blender, which actually told you all of the basics of modelling on blender. But really the most important things you need to know are CTRL R for extra verticies etc. Watch this tutorial by whistlehead: This

Apr 2, 2016
Cornwall
Pronouns
He/Him
I found that there was a tutorial on how to make a plane in blender, which actually told you all of the basics of modelling on blender. But really the most important things you need to know are CTRL R for extra verticies etc. Watch this tutorial by whistlehead: This
I did start watching this one, and it is helpfull. What about making splines and road junctions?

Advertisement

Apr 2, 2016
Cornwall
Pronouns
He/Him
Any ideas on how to make this junction? Please.

Penzance Bus Station, junction.png

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
When you create a chain of splines, you start with a parent spline, followed by the children. The 'Complete To' function will have an effect the whole way down this chain. The way to avoid it is to create a fresh ~1m segment of spline snapped on to the last child. Because you've made a new spline and snapped it on (and not pressed N with the last child selected), this is a new, separate parent spline. Do this on both ends then use the function again - it will now only be able to affect those 2 new fresh pieces you've snapped on.

Reactions: WTR33450

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
When you create a chain of splines, you start with a parent spline, followed by the children. The 'Complete To' function will have an effect the whole way down this chain. The way to avoid it is to create a fresh ~1m segment of spline snapped on to the last child. Because you've made a new spline and snapped it on (and not pressed N with the last child selected), this is a new, separate parent spline. Do this on both ends then use the function again - it will now only be able to affect those 2 new fresh pieces you've snapped on.
When I put down a new spline for some reason there isn't the red cylinder on the end of the spline when I click complete to or if I try to snap it with ctrl.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread