The Help Desk - Bus Development (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hi folks,
I don't know if this is the right page to ask for advice on personal OMSI projects, but here goes;
I'm creating a personal sound mod of an SB200 pulsar, but I was hoping to change how the revs affect the rev counter dial on the bus. So for example, the rev counter will not go above about 1100rpm even on kickdown, and I wanted to change this so the appearance was the counter was actually about 2000rpm, therefore increasing the amount of degrees the dial arrow turns every time the number of 'revs' increases. Is there any easy way to do this or will it be quite complicated? Thanks for your help :)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@Tom1791 moved your post to a new thread where it's a bit better suited. :)
There's actually a couple of different ways of achieving what you want to achieve. One is to edit how the cockpit script converts from engine rpm to rev counter rotation angle and the other is to change the multiplier on the rotation angle variable.

For the former, you will want to go into the Script folder of the bus in question and look for a file named cockpit.osc or similar. Open it and search for {macro:drehzahlmesser_frame}. You should find it looks a bit like this (taken from the C400R script):
Code:
{macro:drehzahlmesser_frame}
    (L.L.engine_n) 3000 230 / / (S.L.cockpit_drehzahlwinkel)
{end}
What this is doing is to divide 3000 by 230 and then divide the engine rpm value (stored in the engine_n variable) by it, before saving it into the variable used for the rev counter needle (cockpit_drehzahlwinkel). What that translates to in English is that when the engine is spinning at 3000 rpm, that variable will be at 230. You can therefore adjust the angle the needle turns by increasing the value from 230.

For the latter, you'll want to go into the Model folder of the bus in question and look for some files of type CFG. There should be at least one with "model" in the name, possibly several if there are different variants of the bus. Open the one for whatever version you want to affect (if there are multiple) and search for the cockpit_drehzahlwinkel variable. You should find something like this (also taken from the C400R):
Code:
anim_rot
cockpit_drehzahlwinkel
delay
maxspeed
offset
The number directly beneath the variable is an indication of how many degrees the model file will be turned through for a change in the variable from 0 to 1. The 230 value the variable goes up to at 3000 rpm therefore translates into 230° of rotation. By changing that value you can change how far the needle rotates for the same value of the needle angle variable.
Hopefully this helps, of course it's entirely possible that the creator of the bus has changed the code considerably from that that comes with the default buses, but it's unlikely. :)

Advertisement

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hi,
I'm trying to make a script which plays a sound only when a certain gear is selected. I'm not quite sure how to achieve this but I've tried something like the following:

[loopsound]
axlewhine_4.wav
velocity

[3d]

[volcurve]
throttle
[pnt]
[pnt]

[trigger]
antreib_getr_ratio4

Does anyone know how I could make this work?
Thanks a lot in advance :)

HJALMAR

Add-on London Team
Dec 19, 2016
Helsinki, Finland
www.youtube.com
Well you need to look inside the gearbox script for the proper triggers or variables that you tie the sound to. Meaning that "antrieb_getr_aktugang" for example doesn't work in all buses. I'll paste in a config snippet from my old Solaris mod.

EXAMPLE:
Code:
[loopsound]
zf6\ZF-Retarder-3rd.wav
engine_n
[B]
[/B]
[3d]

[volcurve]

[pnt]

[pnt]

[volcurve]
brake

[pnt]

[pnt]

[conditionSingle] <- Condition entry about the retarder being on
antrieb_wendesatz

[conditionSingle] <- Condition entry about gearbox being in the third gear.
antrieb_getr_aktugang
3 <- Gear value
1 <- True value (0 = false)

[conditionSingle]
brake

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Well you need to look inside the gearbox script for the proper triggers or variables that you tie the sound to. Meaning that "antrieb_getr_aktugang" for example doesn't work in all buses. I'll paste in a config snippet from my old Solaris mod.

EXAMPLE:
Code:
[loopsound]
zf6\ZF-Retarder-3rd.wav
engine_n
[B]
[/B]
[3d]

[volcurve]

[pnt]

[pnt]

[volcurve]
brake

[pnt]

[pnt]

[conditionSingle] <- Condition entry about the retarder being on
antrieb_wendesatz

[conditionSingle] <- Condition entry about gearbox being in the third gear.
antrieb_getr_aktugang
3 <- Gear value
1 <- True value (0 = false)

[conditionSingle]
brake

Thanks ever so much that's extremely helpful!

May 2, 2017
Hi.
I currently have a bus model that has no working display, and I'm wanting to literally copy and paste a display from another bus (scripts and the actual display) onto the barebones model. What steps are required in doing this? I'm sorta new to it. I'm not looking for detailed control or anything, I just want to have at least a working display on my bus.
Thanks.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@jamies it's relatively simple to transplant scripts between two buses, but the physical displays may be more difficult. The problem arises that although putting the o3d model file into another bus is very simple, unless the displays in the two buses are in the same place those files aren't going to be of any use. To align the displays you'd need access to the original model files as the ones used by OMSI (o3d) are encrypted and cannot be edited. You'd need either to download the model files if the author has already published them, contact them politely if they haven't, or create your own displays from scratch, the difficulty of which will vary depending on which scripts that display uses.

Advertisement

Oct 24, 2016
Is it quite easy or hard modifying/building busses? I was thinking of trying to modify a O405 to UK standard and add Voith sounds instead of ZF and changing the rear to an Optare Prisma style of body as they were, if I did manage to get it to work it would not be released as it would need to compile other vehicles due to their partial extinction (the Wright version being completely extinct). I tried using Blender once before but I could not get the export extension to work whereas OMSI I believe uses a more standard model format than the Giants engine.

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey guys I was just wondering why not make a London variant of the enviro 200 for omsi 2 add on London so if it's possible could I have some help thanks
A Enviro200 (Citybus200) is coming with Add on London anyway.
@jamies HOLD THE PHONE! The only L94UB I know of is this one:
387d8fe6cbb71095ff9961d702cb499b.jpeg

As far as I know it's an illegal convert by they who shalln't be named

Advertisement

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
hi guys you may not know me but im gonna try and make Dennis dart Marshall First London spec as i feel like i cant but im gonna do it i just might need some help hence why i made this thread i would greatly aprreciate any help also when i get some good progress im gonna put screenshots of it on here

as the title says im gonna make a 10.1m dennis dart slf chassis with a marshall capital C39 body

my first question how do i import a blueprint to blender many thanks

alfie

• Haha
Reactions: LazyGuy222

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
hi guys you may not know me but im gonna try and make Dennis dart Marshall First London spec as i feel like i cant but im gonna do it i just might need some help hence why i made this thread i would greatly aprreciate any help also when i get some good progress im gonna put screenshots of it on here

as the title says im gonna make a 10.1m dennis dart slf chassis with a marshall capital C39 body

my first question how do i import a blueprint to blender many thanks

alfie
whats so funny ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread