Maps The Hamptons (Restarted Due to Editor Issues) (1 Viewer)

Welcome to The Hamptons!
'A fictional map for the RHD World of OMSI'

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself! I am completely new to map editing, and am undertaking this one-man project in the time that I can find outside of Uni!

I have been working on this project for around 6 months now, and is obviously not a work of art! This map is not based on anywhere, and I am simply making things up as I go!

As of today (16th Dec 2018), I have mapped and detailed from Eynsford to Leigh Park (on the outskirts of Hampton Town Centre), as well as Southway where traffic from the A14 end up when heading into the Town Centre, University, and Airport. Basically...most of the 10/X10.

Below are a list of routes intended to be included in the initial release.

Routes.png

10Wick.png
Arena.png
BourneRoad.png
Depot.png
HamptonHeath.png
LockwoodEst.png
P1Arrival.png
P1Departure.png
Roadworks.png
U1Wick.png
WaterWorks.png

1. How long will the routes take from origin to destination?
A the moment, these are my predictions:
Route 10: approx. 40 mins (45 mins at peak)
Route X10: approx. 45 mins
(50 mins at peak)
Route P1: approx. 15 mins
Route U1: approx. 20 mins (22-23 at peak)

2. How could you be stupid enough to do this?
I know! I have no experience what-so-ever and it's fair to say I'm completely mad. I obviously have to think about uni and personal life, but I'll be working on it any other time of day!

3. Release?
I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm a perfectionist, so nothing is ever to my standards but I'll try and keep you up-to-date as often as I can! At the moment though, I wouldn't not be able to put a date on this project.

4. Anything else we should know?
- I'm pretty rubbish at junctions and traffic lighting, so if someone wants to give me some tips or tricks, please do....I beg!!!
- The map will hopefully run compatibly with MAN A21, MB Citaro UK, MAN Citysmart, ALX400 Regional, Citybus Enviro 400. All .hof files created by myself are Kreuger compatible only. I HATE the thought of different fonts on destination boards...but that's just my OCD!
- Please feel free to give me some ideas, my mind doesn't function properly when I finally get to sit down to OMSI!

Finally, If I don't speak to you before, have a lovely Christmas, and a very Happy New Year :)
Smallprint:
Moderators, I have no clue whether I am breaking any forum rules by posting this, e.g. by posting screenshots or using objects/splines/vehicles without the creator/authors permission...YET! I am simply a kid who wants to show off his work! Please note that I will obviously gain any required permission when release does, fingers crossed, come in the future!

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
interesting viewing, i for one am looking forward to seeing how this one progresses so consider it popped on my watched list. With regards to traffic lights and junctions feel free to drop me a message on discord or whatever and i can try and set some side to help as best i can tho that help will be as and when i can. Some good ideas above and a lot of nice customization so you obviously have a grip on the editor. Its nice to see another map maker in the community and hopefully this is a map that see's the light of day unlike so many other poor little maps that never make it out the box lol Good work dude and keep it up..Smiley face emoji

Advertisement

benhxrris

Creator of 'The Hamptons'
Jan 23, 2018
Looking Good! How much of the map would you say has been made now?
Pffttt… hard to say! Route laying wise...about 75%, although I have just reached the most detailed area of the map... Hampton Town Centre, as well as the Airport (which will take a lot of manhours!) and the University. In the other direction, which is where I have been working on today, I can get from Eynsford to Charlton in no time (mainly rural), and the same goes for Charlton up to The Mount for the X10.

Reactions: AndyFF002
Sep 2, 2018
Kent
Pronouns
He/Him
Pffttt… hard to say! Route laying wise...about 75%, although I have just reached the most detailed area of the map... Hampton Town Centre, as well as the Airport (which will take a lot of manhours!) and the University. In the other direction, which is where I have been working on today, I can get from Eynsford to Charlton in no time (mainly rural), and the same goes for Charlton up to The Mount for the X10.
Seems like you've done a lot then!

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Update: Friday 21st December 2018, 10:43pm

Just a small update today... finally got around to adding scenery in and around Eynsford, meaning I'm well on the way to Charlton!

View attachment 38939
View attachment 38940
It looks so awesome!
I love that autumny feeling of those screenshots.
Great job benhxrris, great job!
Really looking forward to this map! :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread