Maps The Hamptons (Restarted Due to Editor Issues) (1 Viewer)

Welcome to The Hamptons!
'A fictional map for the RHD World of OMSI'

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself! I am completely new to map editing, and am undertaking this one-man project in the time that I can find outside of Uni!

I have been working on this project for around 6 months now, and is obviously not a work of art! This map is not based on anywhere, and I am simply making things up as I go!

As of today (16th Dec 2018), I have mapped and detailed from Eynsford to Leigh Park (on the outskirts of Hampton Town Centre), as well as Southway where traffic from the A14 end up when heading into the Town Centre, University, and Airport. Basically...most of the 10/X10.

Below are a list of routes intended to be included in the initial release.

Routes.png

10Wick.png
Arena.png
BourneRoad.png
Depot.png
HamptonHeath.png
LockwoodEst.png
P1Arrival.png
P1Departure.png
Roadworks.png
U1Wick.png
WaterWorks.png

1. How long will the routes take from origin to destination?
A the moment, these are my predictions:
Route 10: approx. 40 mins (45 mins at peak)
Route X10: approx. 45 mins
(50 mins at peak)
Route P1: approx. 15 mins
Route U1: approx. 20 mins (22-23 at peak)

2. How could you be stupid enough to do this?
I know! I have no experience what-so-ever and it's fair to say I'm completely mad. I obviously have to think about uni and personal life, but I'll be working on it any other time of day!

3. Release?
I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm a perfectionist, so nothing is ever to my standards but I'll try and keep you up-to-date as often as I can! At the moment though, I wouldn't not be able to put a date on this project.

4. Anything else we should know?
- I'm pretty rubbish at junctions and traffic lighting, so if someone wants to give me some tips or tricks, please do....I beg!!!
- The map will hopefully run compatibly with MAN A21, MB Citaro UK, MAN Citysmart, ALX400 Regional, Citybus Enviro 400. All .hof files created by myself are Kreuger compatible only. I HATE the thought of different fonts on destination boards...but that's just my OCD!
- Please feel free to give me some ideas, my mind doesn't function properly when I finally get to sit down to OMSI!

Finally, If I don't speak to you before, have a lovely Christmas, and a very Happy New Year :)
Smallprint:
Moderators, I have no clue whether I am breaking any forum rules by posting this, e.g. by posting screenshots or using objects/splines/vehicles without the creator/authors permission...YET! I am simply a kid who wants to show off his work! Please note that I will obviously gain any required permission when release does, fingers crossed, come in the future!

benhxrris

Creator of 'The Hamptons'
Jan 23, 2018
Have a Network Map!

Route Map.png

Please note that this is obviously not a 100% accurate representation of the final product, or of the V1.0 release. As ambitious as this may be, this is what I hopefully aiming for one day! Routes such as the 8, 9, 12 and U3 will come along later in the project due to what I have already planned, route laying wise.

Yes, I know it looks confusing, even I am struggling to get my head around it... and I made it!!!

If you have any questions about the map, big or small, logical or stupid, the hop into my PMs and ask away. If you're like me, you'll get excited when any sort of notification from Fellowsfilm comes through too!

Finally, please note that Route 505, which is technically going to the operated by National Express, will always be an AI route... and I'm sure you know why!

Wish me Luck!

benhxrris

Jan 23, 2018
RepaintAd.png

That's Right! Simply because I am terrible at repainting!

I say 'hiring' very loosely. Basically, I am looking for somebody to show off their repainting skills, and be the potential eye candy of The Hamptons!

Whoever's repaints are chosen will receive early access to the map, as well as full credits once the map is released.

Repaints that are required:
U1:
Royal Hampton University > Rail Station > Victoria Bus Station > Southway > The Arena Leisure Park
U2: Royal Hampton University > RHC Hospital > Victoria Bus Station > Parkway > Westbourne > Bourne End
U3: Royal Hampton University > Rail Station > Hampton Chase > Northfields
A1: Hampton Intl. Airport > Rail Station > Victoria Bus Station
A2: Hampton Intl. Airport > Royal Hampton University

Incase you want some inspiration, here are a few links to the sorts of things I like the look of! (Credits to @JONESS for blessing me with the discovery of MHD website!)

Please Note: All these routes are operated by Arriva in The Hamptons, and must be a repaint compatible with Kreuger Matrix (currently Citaro UK, MAN A21 UK, London Citybus 400, Transbus ALX400, MAN Citysmart)

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me out with this, I am so grateful you wont believe it!)

Drop into my PMs or reply below with any questions, or if you'd like to give it a go!

Advertisement

benhxrris

Jan 23, 2018
Update: Thursday 10th January 2019

Small update for you all... nothing major! I took a break from laying the route between Eynsford and Charlton to work on Parkway, on the outskirts of Hampton Town. Although I picked it back up recently, meaning I'm only about 1km from reaching Charlton! I have made it as far as Charlton Rise Business Park, served by the 10. In terms of scenery, there isn't much to show at this moment in time, but don't worry I'll get to it! I hope you're all well, and have a lovely weekend (when it finally gets to it!)

1547140677468.png

1547140698080.png

1547140721021.png

1547140738907.png

1547140754625.png

1547140771702.png

Advertisement

benhxrris

Jan 23, 2018
Update: Sunday 10th February 2019

- IMPORTANT NOTICE -

Hi all,

I would like to inform you that as of February 2019, work on the current 'The Hamptons' map as you know it has ceased. If some of you read my recently created thread, you'd know that numerous problems came up, that I spent many hours attempting to resolve alas that never happened. Whilst spending all this time attempting to resolve the problems, I came to the decision that the work produced was not up to my usual level and quality of map editing, and have therefore come about restarting the map.

The new 'The Hamptons' map was started on 31st January 2019, and this time editing started in Hampton Town, which is almost completely laid and well on the way to being completely build up scenery-wise. Over the next few months, I have shortened my work hours, and have a fairly quiet next few months at Uni, so editing hours will increase.

I'd like to take this time to formally apologise for the annoyance this may cause for a few people, as I know there were a few of you that were excited for the release of this map. But for now, just think of it as 'The Hamptons... Reimagined'.

Screenshots will follow at some point this week, but for now, I'd like to thank you all so much for your cooperation, as this project means a great deal to me.

WIth Kindest Regards,

- Ben -

Users who are viewing this thread