Maps The Cornwall Project (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Cornwall for OMSI2 !
The map:
This the first extensive map I have created. In the past i have only created small maps consisting of a few baseboards (depots etc). The map will feature around the mid area of Cornwall, with the route originating in Newquay. The plan (at the moment) is to build the map to cover the following areas of mid Cornwall:
  • Newquay
  • Mawgan Porth
  • St Austell
  • Truro
  • Par
This list is subject to change as the build grows. The map itself is more built to represent rather than be exact, although google imagery is being used with some DEM to re-created it the best I can, But don't expect something that'll look spot on ;)

The routes:
The routes I want to feature are representations of real routes. These include:
  • A4
Once again this is subject to change, but gives you a rough idea of what id like to eventually create.

Updates for this map will appear when I feel I have something worth showing. Id rather people see good progress rather than seeing the odd bit of scenery being added. Any questions about the map, just pop on the thread. Please also feel free to give advice and any criticism.

Some early build screenshots:
unknown.png

unknown (1).png

unknown (2).png

Last edited:

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
A bit of an update...

Now that i have chucked down about 8/9 miles of road, I've started to build up the scenery in the various towns and villages. Above shows one example of that. Im also currently updating some sections of the map giving it a rework to bring it up to a high standard.

Last edited:

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
A bit of an update...
View attachment 46387
View attachment 46388
Now that i have chucked down about 8/9 miles of road, I've started to build up the scenery in the various towns and villages. Above shows one example of that. Im also currently updating some sections of the map giving it a rework to bring it up to a high standard.
That looks stunning! I cant wait for this map!

jb1234

Aug 21, 2018
Update: 26-05-2019
This week I've been focusing on the rural scenery on the coastal road between Trevarrian and Watergate Bay. I've been working on achieving more of a realistic look to the map. I also have spent some time getting more road laid towards now town from Watergate Bay. Quite a few steep hills!!

Next I hope to build up more scenery around the various towns and villages I've so far mapped through, as well as getting Newquay airport looking better.

1558888848844.png

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Update: 26-05-2019
This week I've been focusing on the rural scenery on the coastal road between Trevarrian and Watergate Bay. I've been working on achieving more of a realistic look to the map. I also have spent some time getting more road laid towards now town from Watergate Bay. Quite a few steep hills!!

Next I hope to build up more scenery around the various towns and villages I've so far mapped through, as well as getting Newquay airport looking better.

View attachment 46598
View attachment 46599
View attachment 46597
That looks lovely and I'm looking forward to taking a streetlite up those hills ????

Advertisement

jb1234

Aug 21, 2018
Some update thing....

So this week I've made a lot more progress with the map. I've managed to lay around 5 miles more road into Newquay Town centre. This took a bit of fiddling around, Trying to form the custom junctions. Although I've now finaly been able to correctly use the crossing editor (thanks to a bit of help from @FirstEnviro). A bit of time has been spent on creating the depot and placing a bit of scenery. Although there's still lots to do on that front.

Next Im going to start to focus on the town centre, laying up the shops houses etc, then starting to branch out to the outskirts of the town laying down the residential scenery. Most of the country scenery along the coast road is now complete, with just a few spots to go back and add to, as well as a spot of tidying up.

I'll try and post some screenshots this weekend, providing it looks good enough to screenshot.

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Some update thing....

So this week I've made a lot more progress with the map. I've managed to lay around 5 miles more road into Newquay Town centre. This took a bit of fiddling around, Trying to form the custom junctions. Although I've now finaly been able to correctly use the crossing editor (thanks to a bit of help from @FirstEnviro). A bit of time has been spent on creating the depot and placing a bit of scenery. Although there's still lots to do on that front.

Next Im going to start to focus on the town centre, laying up the shops houses etc, then starting to branch out to the outskirts of the town laying down the residential scenery. Most of the country scenery along the coast road is now complete, with just a few spots to go back and add to, as well as a spot of tidying up.

I'll try and post some screenshots this weekend, providing it looks good enough to screenshot.
Sounds amazing!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread