Maps The Cornwall Project

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
Update: 14/07/2019
In recent days, I have spent quite a bit of time working on the representation of the small village of St mawgan. Mainly a lot of Floral work with some old stone farm buildings. I have also spent some time re-working the seaside village of mawgan porth, although this is still unfinished so there aren't any screenshots of it yet.

Future updates should feature progress on Mawgan porth and Newquay Airport, which will require a bit of re-working before complete. The plan is to get the A5 route fully working prior to then moving onto other routes such as the 58 and 86/7, although this is still a long way off.

Below are some screenshots of St Mawgan:

LazyGuy222

Roblox Name:CS7C3D
May 7, 2016
In recent days, I have spent quite a bit of time working on the representation of the small village of St mawgan. Mainly a lot of Floral work with some old stone farm buildings. I have also spent some time re-working the seaside village of mawgan porth, although this is still unfinished so there aren't any screenshots of it yet.

Future updates should feature progress on Mawgan porth and Newquay Airport, which will require a bit of re-working before complete. The plan is to get the A5 route fully working prior to then moving onto other routes such as the 58 and 86/7, although this is still a long way off.

View attachment 48531

View attachment 48532View attachment 48533
Is that supposed to be 32097 by any chance

jb1234

Aug 21, 2018
Not specifically, just a generic Atlantic coasters livery. I also have an A5 specific branded version. Although it needs some tlc to get it looking crisp.

georgeloxton02

I am making a Plaxton Premiere!
Apr 20, 2018

View attachment 48531

This is looking stunning , well done! If you need some repaints dont hesitate to ask :)

Reactions: jb1234

LeElBurrito

Jul 27, 2018

View attachment 48531

its amazing how close to A5 it looks im so glad someone is doing cornwall cant wait to drive down the narrow roads towards padstow

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
'ansome me lover :cool: Although one thing I'd say you ought to look at is bedding the road surface into the surroundings somehow. Given that you seem to use a lot of the same spline, it would be straightforward enough to change the texture to make it blend into the surroundings - perhaps by having some grass encroaching the tarmac at the edges, and a little weathering on the tarmac itself? If you look at Farthington, the rural roads do this nicely, albeit with dirt rather than grass:

1564208077125.png
Of course the problem then becomes when you need to transition this when you reach town.

jb1234

Aug 21, 2018
'ansome me lover :cool: Although one thing I'd say you ought to look at is bedding the road surface into the surroundings somehow. Given that you seem to use a lot of the same spline, it would be straightforward enough to change the texture to make it blend into the surroundings - perhaps by having some grass encroaching the tarmac at the edges, and a little weathering on the tarmac itself? If you look at Farthington, the rural roads do this nicely, albeit with dirt rather than grass:

Of course the problem then becomes when you need to transition this when you reach town.

Yes I agree with that. I have been looking at the roads thinking, that the concrete is too prominent. I will have a look around farthington and see how it's already been done, to give myself some ideas on how to create a similar effect on my map.

I have since changed some ground textures in that section of map, which has brought it to life a bit more. I will now go back and look at blending the road into those textures to make the road edges less sharp and prominent with some dirt/grass. I have in some locations of the map used the grass verge spline, but of course i can't do this everywhere.

Thank you for your advice and kind words! It's much appreciated.

JB,

Reactions: georgeloxton02

LT586

SimJourneys Defunked
Oct 25, 2016
Looks good never been to Cornwall, still exploring this island called the UK! My mrs has been with family but never me.

Eddiestobart77

Jan 18, 2018
I live in the uk Birmingham I like it I would like a map like Maypole in Birmingham the famous 50 route with National Express buess