That special time of the year! (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2014
SCS Software said:
Christmas is coming, it will be here before we know it. Our little in-house paintjob production shop is almost ready with a new seasonal truck livery DLC.

We really appreciate that our players are still ready to support ongoing development of the game by purchasing extra optional content from time to time. But for this special opportunity, we felt that we should give our fans a chance to obtain the new paintjob set for free. As a gift. Well almost, you still have to do a bit to earn it, but it should not be that hard. ;)

Here is the deal: Any registered user on World of Trucks is eligible, so long as you have been awarded at least one World of Trucks achievement - any achievement - by next Wednesday, December 3, 2014. There are already thousands of people on World of Trucks as of now who are already sure to obtain their free key, and we hope that by next week, more players will log in back to the site to work on their first achievement (just check your Profile screen on the site). Any achievement on the World of Trucks website counts - but beware, the game also supports a separate set of Steam achievements which are unrelated and do not count for this event! Anybody who will satisfy the condition above will receive his or her unique key to unlock the Christmas Paint Jobs Pack DLC on Steam on Thursday of next week.

But that's not all - this is only a start of something bigger. As a part of December update of ETS2 to version 1.15, we are now preparing a special Christmas event that should bring seasonal cargo for a bit of extra fun, and a chance for yet another exclusive freebie to earn. Stay tuned!

View attachment 1084

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/11/that-special-time-of-year.html

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
Am I the only one who is getting tired of seeing ETS 2 news?:(
I wish they'd just drop it and move on with other games.

They said that they're working on a coach sim in FEBRUARY OF 2013!!!! That's almost 2 years ago now and we haven't heard anything from it.
American Truck Sim, a game that they're working on and what do we get to see of it? Absolutly f*** all. Back in the days when they were making ETS 2 they showed us so much and now they just leave us in the dark.

I honestly think that the work on a dying, or actually already dead game called ETS 2, is holding them back massively.
Sure, the updates are kind of nice, but they don't add a lot to the game. If you like ETS 2, than that's fine, but it's not going to get any better, in fact, it hasn't been getting any better for about a year now. The only thing they've done in the past year that made this game better was adding new trucks, which actually made the old models look and sound like crap.

Not sure wheter this is completly in the Christmas-spirit:oops:, but I just wanted to get it off of my chest. It's something about SCS's s**t paintjobs that just ignites a flame inside of me that's hotter than the sun.:mad:

Pre-Christmas related rant over.

On another note... How did I miss the other smileys for so long?:wtf::smilescary: lol

Apr 1, 2014
There is a separate team for American Truck Simulator.
Below is all information regarding Euro Coach Simulator
First hint of a coach simulator http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/02/a-coach-bus.html
http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/03/stuff-we-are-working-on-too.html
SCS Software said:
Of course, in the meantime our other teams are pushing for progress in other areas, including American Truck Simulator, new territorial expansions for ETS2, on new trucks, new buses...
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/11/status-update.html

SCS Software said:
Yet another bus model is under construction in one corner of the office..
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/07/humble-weekly-bundle-simulators-2.html[/quote]

Last edited:

KGB

Media Manager
Jan 13, 2014
SCS is getting kind of stupid now. The paint jobs are really pathetic, especially when you can get plenty of better ones for free. It is all just money grabbing, I would rather pay for new trucks or brand new (not old ETS ones) trailers!

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
[/QUOTE]

Seperate teams definitly won't speed up progress on either projects.
Exept if the team gets too big, than a large crew might be counterproductive, but let's be real. That's not the case here.

And yeah, by showing those blogpost you just completly proved my point that we don't ever hear anything about ECS and very little about ATS.
There's a total of two (perhaps three, woopty doo) posts about ECS. One post that shows SCS employees taking pictures of a bus and one post with a few ingame shots from 1 bus. That's it. That's all they've shown from ECS in the last YEAR.

Even though we all complain about SCS giving us nearly worthless DLCs which someone with very little knowledge of image editing could make easily, but to be fair, SCS have been clever in the way they make revenue to develop their games. When they are in need of money they just release a new paintjob DLC which people to get to make Multiplayer mod more "immerse". Nevertheless, we can't blame them for making money to build the games we play.

SCS is getting kind of stupid now. The paint jobs are really pathetic, especially when you can get plenty of better ones for free. It is all just money grabbing, I would rather pay for new trucks or brand new (not old ETS ones) trailers!
Money Grabbing? have you seen the train simulator series? the developers are at THE pinnacle at money grabbing

Even though we all complain about SCS giving us nearly worthless DLCs which someone with very little knowledge of image editing could make easily, but to be fair, SCS have been clever in the way they make revenue to develop their games. When they are in need of money they just release a new paintjob DLC which people to get to make Multiplayer mod more "immerse". Nevertheless, we can't blame them for making money to build the games we play.

I can enforce that with evidence. Note SCS called it's own DLC's stupid xD
Taken from a blog post about recording new sounds for one of the trucks:
SCS Software said:
We are a bit crazy, still trying to improve what some people now consider an "old game" - but we definitely do plan to keep improving and evolving Euro Truck Simulator 2 for a long time. And it is only possible thanks to your continuing support. Thank you guys! [Yes, this is where earnings from stupid things like paint jobs DLCs is invested into]

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/07/twenty-tons-of-sand.html

Advertisement

KGB

Media Manager
Jan 13, 2014
Money Grabbing? have you seen the train simulator series? the developers are at THE pinnacle at money grabbing
Granted, this is 100% true, the same can be said for FSX and various other games. The only argument I have here is that they are not charging for skins that can be made quickly by anyone with a graphics programme and a guide. At least their addons are actually adding something that the players want, new locomotives and routes. I doubt many of us here want 'new' and boring skins do we. :(

Granted, this is 100% true, the same can be said for FSX and various other games. The only argument I have here is that they are not charging for skins that can be made quickly by anyone with a graphics programme and a guide. At least their addons are actually adding something that the players want, new locomotives and routes. I doubt many of us here want 'new' and boring skins do we. :(

Sure but it's SCS's way to help funding. What'd you rather have? Stupid-ish skin DLCs you're not forced to buy or no funding for SCS to improve ETS2 and/or develop a new game?

KGB

Media Manager
Jan 13, 2014
True, but that's just the point, all this is, is just profit. I bet they have enough money from sales of the games and map DLC alone, ETS2 went mad in sales. I never agreed with the "It helps them build more games". It is lazy to release these skins and charge for them, will never buy them, ever as you say :p

Anyone want to Join here.
Mr. Christmas Skin Contest!
skin-conte.jpg

What need to do?
Create Mr. Christmas style skin for truck or / and trailer.

Requirements:
– One participant can participate max with two skins (no matter 2 trailers skins, or 2 trucks skins, or 1 truck and 1 trailer skin). Also participant can participate with one skin.
– Skin must be created only by you.
– Skin must be Mr. Christmas style (Sant Claus, gifts, Christmas tree etc…).
– Desirable to use ETS2.LT logo, inscription or website address :)

The winners will be chosen by ETS2.LT team.

Your skin(-s) we will share in website and our Facebook page.

Prizes:
1st- 20 USD (PayPal)
2nd – 10 USD (PayPal)
3rd – 5 USD (PayPal)

Competition will end on December 20.

ETS2.LT logo download: http://ets2.lt/logos.zip

Source: ETS2.LT

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread