TfL Tender Results 31st August 2016 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarkably, Tower Transit have won route 82 (North Finchley - Victoria) from Metroline with at least 31 new hybrids! What a win this is for them, the 82 is set to become a 24hr route with its new contract and is expected to then be renumbered to the 13 (along with the other Finchley Road changes).

To soften the blow, Metroline retained route 113 (Edgware - Marble Arch) with at least 28 existing Euro V hybrids which will be upgraded to Euro VI before the ULEZ introduction. The hybrids will be sourced from routes 139 and 189, with the 139 expected to move to London Sovereign and the 189 converting to New Routemaster operation.

Both changes will take place on the 1st of April, 2017.

Mar 28, 2016
Hybrids on the 113 is a bit sillly IMO. It's not really a route that uses their potential, although with the 113 being restored back to Oxford Circus I guess it may help. But yes, the ULEZ will force the route to use them without significant curtailment, but I'm so tired of hybrids though.

Kind of a shame the 13 is losing its Aldwych terminus, but then with the 139 extension to Golders Green its not that important.

Where will TT house their buses for the 13. I assume Atlas Road, not sure if their Edmonton garage is open yet?

Last edited:

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Hybrids on the 113 is a bit sillly IMO. It's not really a route that uses their potential, although with the 113 being restored back to Oxford Circus I guess it may help. But yes, the ULEZ will force the route to use them without significant curtailment, but I'm so tired of hybrids though.

Kind of a shame the 13 is losing its Aldwych terminus, but then with the 139 extension to Golders Green its not that important.

Where will TT house their buses for the 13. I assume Atlas Road, not sure if their Edmonton garage is open yet?
Westbourne Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread