TFL Tender Results 28th March 2017 (2 Viewers)

28th March 2017

LBSL intends to enter into the following contracts:

Route
Current Operator
New Operator
Current PVR
Award PVR
QSI Standard
Contract Ref.
Vehicle type
Contract Start Date

TRANCHE 576
Stagecoach East London
Blue Triangle
1.20 mins EWT
QC
New & existing double deck (a)
26th August 2017

15/N15
Stagecoach East London
Blue Triangle
1.30 mins EWT
QC
2015 Euro VI New Routemaster (b)
26th August 2017

Stagecoach East London
Blue Triangle
1.20 mins EWT
QC
New Euro VI hybrid double deck
26th August 2017

TRANCHE 588
22/N22
London General
London General
1.20 mins EWT
QC 58801
New & existing hybrid double deck (c)
21st October 2017

TRANCHE 589
18/N18
Metroline West
London United
1.30 mins EWT
QC
New & existing Euro VI hybrid double deck (d)
11th November 2017

TRANCHE 592
6 (24h)
Metroline
Metroline
1.20 mins EWT
QC
9th December 2017

98/N98
Metroline
Metroline
1.20 mins EWT
QC
9th December 2017

(a) 11 new Euro VI hybrid plus 22 Euro V diesel built 2010/11 (ex routes 19, 249, 259, EL1 or EL2) for a TVR of 33.

(b) Current allocation.

(c) 14 new Euro VI hybrid plus 10 Euro V hybrid built 2012 (currently allocated) for a TVR of 24. The Euro V vehicles will be upgraded to Euro VI prior to the introduction of ULEZ.

(d) 37 new plus 12 vehicles built 2016, originally ordered for the proposed conversion of route 72 to double deck (TVR 49).

All the above routes are awarded as specified, subject to consultation where appropriate. Please note the following:

Route 5 is awarded on the basis of a revised specification withdrawing all additional peak journeys. The rerouteing via Queen’s Hospital is postponed at the present time.

Route 6 is awarded on the basis of being rerouted via Park Lane and Piccadilly instead of Oxford Street and Regent Street. It will continue to terminate and stand at Metroline’s Willesden Garage.

Route 15/N15 is awarded on the basis of a revised specification withdrawing all additional peak journeys and reducing the N15 frequency at weekends to 6 bph. The day service will terminate permanently at Trafalgar Square and the night service will be extended to Oxford Circus.

Route 22/N22 is awarded on the basis of being rerouted at Piccadilly via Berkeley Square to terminate at Oxford Circus instead of Piccadilly Circus (linked to proposed changes to route C2). Frequencies are reduced to 7.5 bph Monday to Saturday daytimes and 5 bph Sundays and all evenings. Peak frequency on Mondays to Fridays will be 8 bph plus 2 additional journeys ex Putney Common in the AM peak.

Route 98 will continue to terminate and stand at Metroline’s Willesden Garage. Route N98 weekend frequency is reduced to 2 bph on each leg, with a combined 4 bph on the common section.

Route 115 is awarded on the basis of a revised specification retaining the current 7.5 bph widened frequency during Monday to Friday peaks.

Advertisement

May 24, 2016
But the results says Metroline were re-awarded with the 98
Yeah I guessed. Although in all seriousness, these results are actually quite confusing. I've been looking at some Tender results from TFL and... I'm just confused.

Also, I'm slightly glad that Stagecoach are losing some of their contracts although I do love their use of the ALX still... This doesn't change that they are one of the worser companies overall. Most employees who were with Stagecoach garages when they were still Selkent share my feelings towards the changeover.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Yeah I guessed. Although in all seriousness, these results are actually quite confusing. I've been looking at some Tender results from TFL and... I'm just confused. Is Tranche the garage number?

Also, I'm slightly glad that Stagecoach are losing some of their contracts although I do love their use of the ALX still... This doesn't change that they are one of the worser companies overall. Most employees who were with Stagecoach garages when they were still Selkent share my feelings towards the changeover.
"Tranche" is simply just a category TfL put each route in as part of the tendering scheme :P

But yes, although it's a sad loss for Stagecoach, I'm very eager to see Go-Ahead's operations on the newly acquired routes. The 15 was the biggest shocker for me.

May 24, 2016
"Tranche" is simply just a category TfL put each route in as part of the tendering scheme :tongueout:

But yes, although it's a sad loss for Stagecoach, I'm very eager to see Go-Ahead's operations on the newly acquired routes. The 15 was the biggest shocker for me.
Yeah Stagecoach have actually lost quite a few in these results, I'm not such a fan of Go-Ahead either as they are extremely unorganised and are quite messy. The branding of their company is inconsistent along with the service they provide. I feel as though they have too many companies to manage.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

The NRMs will move with the route over to Go-Ahead London seeming as they are owned by TfL. The RMs on Route 15H operate on a separate contract and there are no plans at present to withdraw them.
Ahh. It was the 15H RMs I was on about. Just, seeing that I believe the RMs are operated by Stagecoach, I thought it may have been part of the 15 contract. Seems I was wrong :P

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread