TfL happenings (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2016
I have noticed a lot of attention to route alterations lately. This also includes the 428 and the 89 because they no longer need to spend 10 extra minutes going round a round-about and stopping along the way which lead to path and timing changes. I have also noticed a slow change in Bexley local routes in that they are ceasing Hail and Rides in some areas.

Lukeo

Content Creator
Jun 4, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
Ah - apparently I still cant read bus timetables! :(

I expect they arent building any new NRM's so sounds like they would need to lease them from another company if they had the spares for it.
NRMs aren't owned by the individual bus operating companies, but by TfL. So it shouldn't be too difficult to just move spares from one company to Abellio if that becomes necessary (e.g. Arriva route 38 recently saw a PVR decrease). Not sure if the full 1000 NRMs are even allocated yet though.

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
NRMs aren't owned by the individual bus operating companies, but by TfL. So it shouldn't be too difficult to just move spares from one company to Abellio if that becomes necessary (e.g. Arriva route 38 recently saw a PVR decrease). Not sure if the full 1000 NRMs are even allocated yet though.
all future NRMs have been allocated I believe with Route 254 converting last taking it up to around LT1010. So most likely it will come from another NRM route as you said :P

Melvin Williams

Notorious Superfraud
Oct 24, 2016
Croydon
I have noticed a lot of attention to route alterations lately. This also includes the 428 and the 89 because they no longer need to spend 10 extra minutes going round a round-about and stopping along the way which lead to path and timing changes. I have also noticed a slow change in Bexley local routes in that they are ceasing Hail and Rides in some areas.
Yep, B15 has already been one which is now a full bus stop Route I think it'll go in this order in terms of bus stop introducing. B11 B14 B12 and B13

Mar 28, 2016
I do agree with the changes to route 23. It's never really been an efficient route. However cutting it back to Paddington and extending it west to Wembley makes it an entirely different route. With Crossrail opening soon, there's gonna be some interesting changes ahead.

Notification of Tender Results

2nd December 2016

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route Current Operator New Operator PVR Vehicles
Tower Transit
London United
Single deck (details TBC)

London United
Metroline
New Euro VI hybrid double deck

C1
London United
London United
Single deck (details TBC)

R68
Abellio West London
Abellio West London
New Euro VI diesel single deck

R70
Abellio West London
Abellio West London
New Euro VI diesel single deck

Contracts will commence on the following dates:

24th June 2017: Routes 70, 120, R68 & R70.
1st July 2017: Route C1.

Reactions: Rhys
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread