Text on Objects - Help!

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

Mitchul

Some dude.
May 23, 2018
Hi team,

Can someone explain to me why this happens, and how I fix it? I've created some signage for a map I'm creating and I've added some text to them so that they can be used across the map. Without the text, it looks like this:

issue1.png

And then when I add the text, this happens:

issue2.png

How does one get around this and/or fix this? Please see below for the .sco file details:

[groups]
CreationsByMitchul
Signage
Bus Stops
QLD

[friendlyname]
Translink Station Sign test

[mesh]
translinkstationsign.o3d

[texttexture]
ArialFont_ddu

[matl]
translinkgrey.png

[matl_alpha]

[matl]
2ptvnewt.jpg

[useTextTexture]

[matl_alpha]

[matl]
translinkgrey.png

[matl_alpha]

[matl]
2ptvnewt.jpg

[useTextTexture]

[matl_alpha]

[collision_mesh]
translinkstationsign.o3d

[complexity]

A few other questions whilst I'm at it.

- Is there some sort of code I can use to illuminate the text on the object so that it shows up at night?
- I swear I remember reading that there was code you can use to format the text within the box (i.e italicise, bold, etc). Is this true, or am I dreaming?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mitch :lol:

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
How does one get around this and/or fix this?
Is there some sort of code I can use to illuminate the text on the object so that it shows up at night?
I swear I remember reading that there was code you can use to format the text within the box (i.e italicise, bold, etc). Is this true, or am I dreaming?
  1. Everything in OMSI is made of triangles, and OMSI renders them in the order it reads them, with the assumption that all of them are opaque and therefore that if the triangles are in front of what's already there they should overwrite, otherwise they shouldn't be drawn at all.

On your object the text field is rendering before the sign, so it draws the text onto the grass behind, which had already been rendered. Then it goes to draw the sign, which is behind the text field, so it skips the pixels of the text field. If it didn't, the text wouldn't show because it'd be overwritten by the sign mesh. As such, whatever is behind the sign shows through.

The solution is to ensure the sign is rendered before the text field, the easiest way being to split the text field into a different mesh in Blender and export both meshes into one o3d - the meshes get written into the file in the same order their display in the outliner.

2. You want a lightmap or nightmap, if you can figure out how to do it from existing implementations, great; otherwise I'll need to figure out how to explain it in a tutorial.

3. You're dreaming. :(