TexComTrucking ETS2 (1 Viewer)

ets2_00004.png

Who are we ?
We are a young virtual company based in Dallas, TX(USA) and Calais, France(Europe).
We offer alot of diversity within our divisions and are always considering new outlets.
Our steady community is growing daily

Fleet
We are currently in the process of skinning all of the default vehicles in-game to offer a wide variety for our drivers to choose.
Here is a preview of our current fleet options(please excuse the quality)

ets2_00005.png

ets2_00003.png

ets2_00006.png

Website&Forums
We are still early in our journey(excuse the pun) as a virtual company so we are trying to understand the community before we commit to writing software for a website, however our team are comfortable writing such apps if need be in the future.

You can find us at our forums
http://texcomtrucking.freeforums.net

Staff
Our staff are dedicated and professional people with a clear mindset of having fun, and helping build something cool for others to enjoy.

C&C always welcome at TexCom

Advertisement

TexCom Trucking is currently not accepting any more drivers.

We are currently implementing our auto dispatch system and updating our driver application process.

Some UI updates to compliment the auto-dispatch,
the updates will include a much better experience when people are updating dispatch info such as currentLocation,status(off-duty),loadID etc.
We feel the changes give us an overall tidier site IMO.

The auto-dispatch is 95% complete, myself and @Jab are just ironing out a few things.

update.jpg

update2.jpg

I have been working hard behind the scenes try to get the new UI together.

One area I am really pleased with is a new overhaul on mobile/tablet devices.

You won't even need to leave your game, you can simply use your mobile or tablet to request dispatch. The auto-dispatch is not the only feature to get this over haul, the whole site
will now be mobile/tablet ready.

I have no times when it will be ready, but I am working very hard to get something up by the weekend.

mobile.jpg

Desktop Version
desktop_version.jpg

Mobile/Tablet Version
mobile_version.jpg

ShoutBox(Modal) Desktop Version
shoutbox_desktop.jpg

ShoutBox(Modal) Mobile/Tablet Version

shoutbox_mobile.jpg

E-logger Form
After you get your dispatch and finish your load, you will fill in this log information form, and it will get sent to use as raw data we can query and analysis.
The fields marked red are auto-populated for you with information you supply at signup.

(not all the form is shown here)

e_logger.jpg

Stat Information(re-design)
trips.jpg

Elogger

1. When you complete the elog form, you will receive this message.
2. You will then click on the chat icon
3. an finally type into the shoutbox #{loadID}(unique hash) paperwork complete to inform staff a log has been submitted
4. staff will then check your entry and either(approve/deny) your log.

The form should be generic enough for both 18WOSHaulin and ETS2 users, to submit their logs.

And that should about wrap up the e-logger
There will be a full tutorial on site on how to use all of the systems.

elog_complete.jpg

Reactions: Human

Advertisement

Thanks alot guys @Ice68 @KnoxVegas

@KnoxVegas

I don't have access to a hosting or a server at the moment, so I'm actually using Google's API's.

I use their forms for Driver signups/elogs however rather than show the default form, I simply copy the html I need such as form_href, input_names etc. I can then style the forms however I want.

When the forms are submitted I simply intercept it and redirect our members to my own landing page, rather than google sending me to theirs. There is a gottcha using this method, and that's form validation. Google does validate the data if you tell it to do so, however if I were to do this, my re-direct intercept wouldn't work, so I have to do a little frontend validation, simple for cosmetic purposes and then we screen all forms that have been submitted and accept/reject them.

Another gottcha is we have certain fields(office-only) that need to be included in the forms, such as status(reject,pending,accept), however we can simply hide them from the viewport. Yes a user can un-hide them and enter their own values but one way we counter that is to color code the fields which can only be done in the cloud by people who have access to the spreadsheets.

We use the spreadsheets more like database tables for storing certain things(cargo's data, city data, user data, elog data) and can then query them using ajax.

Pretty good readup about it here
https://anandexcels.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/query-function-in-google-sheets/

Other than that its just a plain old proboards forum, which I have heavily modified and created some plugins for, so i'm sure you could do something similar with wordpress.

Unfortunately I have to use their slow ass editor in the browser, which makes coding more difficult than it needs to be, difficult to test and so on, it's also very difficult to optimize the frontend because of the workarounds I have to do, but oh well.

Hope that answered your question, cheers

Advertisement