Swapping sounds on the B9TL.

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

ArrivaFan

Apr 3, 2016
Hey guys,

Can I take the sounds (Engine) from the GX7767 B9TL and put them on the AD156 B9TL? I should state it's for my OWN personal use. But the GX sounds are better and actually sound like my local B9TL's. Any help or advice on this would be great.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Potentially. I imagine the engine scripts are probably similar enough to allow for that, the issues you may run into would be whether the same variables are used by each engine script to trigger and adjust the sounds, if they're not the same then the new entries in the sound config file will need to be adjusted to use the same variables as the old ones so that they work correctly.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
The short answer is yes. The long answer is that unless they're directly compatible, which they likely aren't, you're going to need to spend quite some time working out which sound is whih and then splicing segments of the sound config file for the GX7767 B9TL into the AD156 B9TL.