Super Moon on November 14 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The year is set to close with the biggest moon that most people alive will ever have seen.

The satellite is set to get closer – an so brighter and bigger – than it has for almost 70 years on 14 November.

A supermoon happens because of the strange, egg-shaped orbit of the moon. One part of the orbit known as the perigee, is about 30,000 miles closer to earth than the apogee, or the furthest part.

Full story: Here

This will be neat to see! I will definitely look for it on that day. The next one won't be until the year 2034.

Is anyone going to watch the Super moon?

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I always love looking up. Especially now I work such long hours at this time of year. I go to work in the dawn and come home in the dark, it's a shame that usually there's too much light pollution to admire the stars but I still love it. It's peaceful, intriguing, beautiful even. I absolutely loved being in Whitby on this day, at 0100 in the morning sat about 30 meters from the ocean looking up... Man. This photo was taken that evening.

A6DJBGk.jpg

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
The year is set to close with the biggest moon that most people alive will ever have seen.

The satellite is set to get closer – an so brighter and bigger – than it has for almost 70 years on 14 November.

A supermoon happens because of the strange, egg-shaped orbit of the moon. One part of the orbit known as the perigee, is about 30,000 miles closer to earth than the apogee, or the furthest part.

This will be neat to see! I will definitely look for it on that day. The next one won't be until the year 2034.

Come on now, we're in the UK, it should be thick cloud and rain for the next few months xD

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com

I will definitely be watching it ! :)
I love looking at the sky, day or night ! It's gorgeous man...

Come on now, we're in the UK, it should be thick cloud and rain for the next few months xD
I gotta say it's allot warming in winters then back 30 or so years ago with climate change, so not raining on my watch
I bloody hope not, cloud, fine but the rain can do one - I've got a motorcycle addiction now! :p
Bloody rain, NOT. I really want to see this moon, I gotta post on Instagram :P

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread