Super Moon on November 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire KickAss

Nov 28, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
The year is set to close with the biggest moon that most people alive will ever have seen.

The satellite is set to get closer – an so brighter and bigger – than it has for almost 70 years on 14 November.

A supermoon happens because of the strange, egg-shaped orbit of the moon. One part of the orbit known as the perigee, is about 30,000 miles closer to earth than the apogee, or the furthest part.

Full story: Here

This will be neat to see! I will definitely look for it on that day. The next one won't be until the year 2034.

Is anyone going to watch the Super moon?

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I always love looking up. Especially now I work such long hours at this time of year. I go to work in the dawn and come home in the dark, it's a shame that usually there's too much light pollution to admire the stars but I still love it. It's peaceful, intriguing, beautiful even. I absolutely loved being in Whitby on this day, at 0100 in the morning sat about 30 meters from the ocean looking up... Man. This photo was taken that evening.

John Necir Rebellion

Jun 9, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Can't wait to see that 'cause its only once in a lifetime experience(if ever I'm still alive in 2034; jk :p), or maybe 2 times of my life; Alone:(.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
The year is set to close with the biggest moon that most people alive will ever have seen.

The satellite is set to get closer – an so brighter and bigger – than it has for almost 70 years on 14 November.

A supermoon happens because of the strange, egg-shaped orbit of the moon. One part of the orbit known as the perigee, is about 30,000 miles closer to earth than the apogee, or the furthest part.

This will be neat to see! I will definitely look for it on that day. The next one won't be until the year 2034.

Come on now, we're in the UK, it should be thick cloud and rain for the next few months xD

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Come on now, we're in the UK, it should be thick cloud and rain for the next few months xD
I bloody hope not, cloud, fine but the rain can do one - I've got a motorcycle addiction now! :P

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania

I will definitely be watching it ! :)
I love looking at the sky, day or night ! It's gorgeous man...

Empire KickAss

Nov 28, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I gotta say it's allot warming in winters then back 30 or so years ago with climate change, so not raining on my watch
I bloody hope not, cloud, fine but the rain can do one - I've got a motorcycle addiction now! :p
Bloody rain, NOT. I really want to see this moon, I gotta post on Instagram :P

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I gotta say it's allot warming in winters then back 30 or so years ago with climate change, so not raining on my watch
Bloody rain, NOT. I really want to see this moon, I gotta post on Instagram :p
My Instagram is just full of my car and bike. Maybe the odd picture of my dog but that's it! XD

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
We don't see the moon out here, in France (only in Nice, but I don't live there...) ! :(
But lots of gorgeous pictures have been taken around the world !

Reactions: Max

Empire KickAss

Nov 28, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I'm damn upset about that, I missed it. It's been an none sunny raining mist day...

I can se the moon when it's already too god damn late

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
It was nothing impressive over in my neck of the woods. It was a full moon no doubt, but not MASSIVE. :P

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
got any images?
How much different can it be tonight, if it's not cloudy I'll try get one for you. It was actually brighter when it was high in the sky, lit up my back yard well enough for me to see without a flashlight!

Empire KickAss

Nov 28, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
How much different can it be tonight, if it's not cloudy I'll try get one for you. It was actually brighter when it was high in the sky, lit up my back yard well enough for me to see without a flashlight!
It's been and gone to get one now.. LOL time to google :P for images

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Not really, if it's on an axis that takes so many years to go around, then it's not totally gone. It's just 24 hours further away than the day before! :P Here's some from this morning, looks the same to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.