Stuff I need to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowlander21

Veteran Member
Jan 20, 2016
Dear members of the community,

I have made this post today, to address issues that have arisen in recent months this year within the community.

The attitudes of the majority of members in this community has made me question the idea that they deserve to have the benefits of a functioning community. This, as most of you are aware, has been an issue that has not been dealt with sufficiently enough, and has been allowed to fester out of control. Requesting projects, asking for downloads and generally not being respectful of the the time that developers have put into their projects, is way out of line for members of a game community. People need to realise the majority of developers for most games do what they do for free, in their spare time, while they could be out doing something else. The fact they choose to develop for the game is a privilege to the community, and when people disrespect this privilege, they spoil it for other, more respectable members of the community. While I appreciate that there are decent members among the crowd of impatient children, they can have the majority to blame for the following announcement.

I am withdrawing my projects/developments from the community. You just don't understand how depressing it is to see the comments that some of you are making on various freeware developers works.

In short, I hope you make amendments to your attitude and behaviour online. People won't give up their free time to develop for games, for which the communities are rude and disrespectful.

Thank you to those of you who have supported me throughout the last few years while I have been in this community, but I'm afraid I've had enough.

Trah

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
I'm going to lock this thread down immediately because I don't think anything more constructive is going to come out of it. I'm sorry you feel that way, Josh, it'll honestly be a shame to see you go.

The nature of being a large community is that you get all sorts. We do our best to keep on top of things and keep the community a pleasant place to be, but in the end it's the users who make the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.