Maps Strathshire (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note that some of the attachments in this thread are broken following a data loss in late 2016.
Welcome to Project Strathshire

This is a map made by myself, @ross4122 and is fictional throughout. I will use real life town and village names in the map in some places, but that's just because I can't think of any myself :P

In the first release of this map, I aim to include the following

• 2 routes. A Park & Ride route, and a Strathshire to Longforgan route. The P&R lasting around 10-15 minutes, the Strathshire to Longforgan route lasting 15-20 minutes depending on the route I chooses.

• A built up, historic looking town centre that looks quite decent.

• A dual carriageway/motorway, you'll only be on this for 3 or 4 minutes but I aim to extend it in the future after I release York.

• Unique objects and junctions. I know how to work the crossing editor quite well, so most junctions will be custom to the map.

Screenshots

Strathshire Bus Station

This is the bus station for the map. It's quite compact, and extremely tight so it will take some practise you manuover it correctly. I can get in and out in a tri-axle B9TL, and a bendy, so it's suitable.

View attachment 3666View attachment 3667

Hodge Street

After departing the bus station, you hit the bypass and then loop back into the Town Centre again. This is Hodge Street. I like the way it's turned out.

View attachment 3672View attachment 3673

Morgan Street

After going up a little side street, you swing a right into Morgan Street. Behind you is the bus station (it'll be right infront of you when you're driving), so you kinda get what the route will be like.

View attachment 3670View attachment 3671

Robertson Road

I've not built any of the bit inbetween the town/city centre and Robertson Road roundabout, so I've skipped and missed out a bit. Anyway, this is Robertson Road. It's the main road which leads into the hospital out of town. On the left you have Gibbs Park and on the right you have a mixed of terraced houses and shops.

View attachment 3674

View attachment 3675

You might just be able to see the petrol station up there on the right too.

Bremmer Way

Bremmer Way is the road up to the left which is buses only. It's hard to explain in text, but when the map is released, it's quite easy to see why. At the end of the bus lane there is a set of traffic lights which give way to buses and only change when you approach, however they need some tweaking so if anyone has expertees with the crossing editor/traffic light phases, let me know.

View attachment 3676

Queensway

Main ring road out of town. You may be able to see at this junction you can only go straight ahead in all directions, hence why there's two bus lanes.

View attachment 3677

View attachment 3678

The Garden Park & Ride

The terminus of the Park & Ride route. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do with the other route, if it'll just skip the P&R or not. But what I think I might do is have it loop into the trading estate, Longforgan and back through the trading estate and into the P&R. So yes you double back on yourself, but it's more driving time.

View attachment 3679View attachment 3680View attachment 3681

Few details now:

How much is complete?: I would say about 20-30% is complete considering I've started optimising and pathing the map up already.
What will be included?: It'll include one Park and Ride route running every 10 minutes, and a village route running every 30 minutes.
Is there an ETA?: As per the forum rules, please don't ask for ETAs. If you ask for a release date, you'll be asked how long is a piece of string and reported to a moderator. You've been warned!
Progress Checks: I've tried streaming the map, however the quality was fairly poor and it buffered constantly, so I'm afraid you'll just have to go through screenshots and written text.
What is Performance Like?: I'm trying to optimise the map as much as possible, for example using iomex's flora pack, and Road-hog123's corner pieces My computer is certainly are nothing to be proud of, but I can run most maps, so I'll try and keep the optimisation and performance up and the lag/frame drops down.
Can I have a Beta Release/be a Beta Tester?: No. It'll be part of the NESOT beta testing process, including the use of our 5 new beta testers.
Can I help out? Can I be a repainter?: No, but I appreciate your willingness to help out :) I will bear you in mind for future progress, however!

Known issues:

No pedestrians: That'll be fixed nearer the end when I get round to making copies of the pavement splines and putting paths on them.

Dodgy road markings: I've noticed one or two bits myself however if you notice any please let me know

Missing road signage: I've noticed a lack of this myself, if there are any mandatory road signs needing added let me know and I'll put them in.

Not got much else to say now, so thanks for reading up to now. If you have any queries and comments about the map just post below. :)

Last edited:

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
October 2019 Update

The streets and layout of Strathshire have now been finalised and there are now only little areas of scenery to finish off and some junctions to path.

The City Centre has been completely demolished, and remodelled from the ground up, to represent a redeveloped City Centre, whilst still maintaining the historic feel in certain areas.

You may have noticed in screenshots that Arriva has been dropped - fear not, it hasn't! The map will make use of OMSI's chrono feature (only for the operators, nothing else!), which will allow me to have the map set in two times:

The year of 2017 will be operated by Arriva, using their fleet of London Citybus 400R and ADL Enviro200 MMCs. However, in 2018, Xplore Strathshire buys out Arriva and will operate the routes into the future. On the subject of routes, these have been finalised as follows:

• 25: Strathdon City Centre <-> Strathdon P&R, direct via: Robertson Road
  • 28: Strathdon City Centre <-> Strathdon P&R, via: Reid Street, Strathdon Hospital and Foxglove Estate
  • 49: Strathdon City Centre <-> Carmyllie, via: Robertson Road, Strathdon P&R and Forties/Hillside Estates
  • X49: Strathdon City Centre <-> Carmyllie, via: Queensway and Forties/Hillside Estates. (peak time only service Mon-Fri)
  • 69A/69C: Strathdon P&R <-> Carmyllie Circular, via Strathdon Hospital & Forties/Hillside Estates.
To confirm, Strathshire will be completely free and will be hosted on Fellowsfilm. The final vehicle allocation for the Xplore era is still to be finalised, as this depends entirely on when the Masterswitch Masterdeck demo is released, as I do not wish to place a burden on those who do not have this DLC.

In summary, what have I still to do?

• Finish the scenery. This isn't a big job.
  • Path the last few junctions (strong coffee will be needed I think)
  • Commence beta testing - whilst this is ongoing, I plan to optimise the worst areas of the map (mostly around the Park & Ride), retexture buildings, streamline add road signage, etc.
  • Compile supplementary documents - a manual, PDF timetables, running boards, etc. Although many may see this as unnecessary, I feel it adds to the realism.
I've attached some screenshots in the spoiler below which show various areas of the map (you may have seen these on Facebook already), and I've included the latest roadmap too.

Thanks as always for the support, and remember to give the
Facebook page a like!

banner1.png
banner2.png
banner3.png
banner4.png
banner5.png
banner6.png
banner7.png
banner8.png
whole.roadmap.png

Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
October 2019 Update

The streets and layout of Strathshire have now been finalised and there are now only little areas of scenery to finish off and some junctions to path.

The City Centre has been completely demolished, and remodelled from the ground up, to represent a redeveloped City Centre, whilst still maintaining the historic feel in certain areas.

You may have noticed in screenshots that Arriva has been dropped - fear not, it hasn't! The map will make use of OMSI's chrono feature (only for the operators, nothing else!), which will allow me to have the map set in two times:

The year of 2017 will be operated by Arriva, using their fleet of London Citybus 400R and ADL Enviro200 MMCs. However, in 2018, Xplore Strathshire buys out Arriva and will operate the routes into the future. On the subject of routes, these have been finalised as follows:

• 25: Strathdon City Centre <-> Strathdon P&R, direct via: Robertson Road
  • 28: Strathdon City Centre <-> Strathdon P&R, via: Reid Street, Strathdon Hospital and Foxglove Estate
  • 49: Strathdon City Centre <-> Carmyllie, via: Robertson Road, Strathdon P&R and Forties/Hillside Estates
  • X49: Strathdon City Centre <-> Carmyllie, via: Queensway and Forties/Hillside Estates. (peak time only service Mon-Fri)
  • 69A/69C: Strathdon P&R <-> Carmyllie Circular, via Strathdon Hospital & Forties/Hillside Estates.
To confirm, Strathshire will be completely free and will be hosted on Fellowsfilm. The final vehicle allocation for the Xplore era is still to be finalised, as this depends entirely on when the Masterswitch Masterdeck demo is released, as I do not wish to place a burden on those who do not have this DLC.

In summary, what have I still to do?

• Finish the scenery. This isn't a big job.
  • Path the last few junctions (strong coffee will be needed I think)
  • Commence beta testing - whilst this is ongoing, I plan to optimise the worst areas of the map (mostly around the Park & Ride), retexture buildings, streamline add road signage, etc.
  • Compile supplementary documents - a manual, PDF timetables, running boards, etc. Although many may see this as unnecessary, I feel it adds to the realism.
I've attached some screenshots in the spoiler below which show various areas of the map (you may have seen these on Facebook already), and I've included the latest roadmap too.

Thanks as always for the support, and remember to give the
Facebook page a like!

Awesome!! I wish you the best of luck with completing Strathshire!
Love the vignettes on the pics too! :)

Reactions: Ross

Advertisement

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
Looks fantastic regarding the vechile allocation is there not a way you could release the map but have two ai list one with out the streetdeck dlc and then one with the dlc ? Just a suggestion especially for people who don’t know or are not that great at changing the ai list them selfs

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
Where justified, anyway. Not just incongruously dropped in. This presented a fairly unique use case on private land where reversing the usual flow of traffic removed conflicts.

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Coming soon to OMSI 2...
View attachment 62547
Whoa!! :eek:
You say "soon"...!!
I know about the "It is prohibited to ask questions such as "When will this be released?", "Do you need beta testers?", "Any updates?", etc. in this section!" at the top of the page, but I just wanted to ask – how much of the map do you think is done right now? I'd be interested. :)
Also, amazing work. Strathshire looks absolutely stunning. ❤

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Whooaa!! :eek: :eek:
This is really becoming one of the most beautiful maps I've ever seen for this game!! ????
And the putting a billboard on the right there for the hills is also really nice! :D
Absolutely insane work there, I can't wait to drive on these roads myself!

Reactions: owen6116 and Ross

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread