Staff Team Leader
October 2019 Update
The streets and layout of Strathshire have now been finalised and there are now only little areas of scenery to finish off and some junctions to path.
The City Centre has been completely demolished, and remodelled from the ground up, to represent a redeveloped City Centre, whilst still maintaining the historic feel in certain areas.
You may have noticed in screenshots that Arriva has been dropped - fear not, it hasn't! The map will make use of OMSI's chrono feature (only for the operators, nothing else!), which will allow me to have the map set in two times:
The year of 2017 will be operated by Arriva, using their fleet of London Citybus 400R and ADL Enviro200 MMCs. However, in 2018, Xplore Strathshire buys out Arriva and will operate the routes into the future. On the subject of routes, these have been finalised as follows:
- 25: Strathdon City Centre <-> Strathdon P&R, direct via: Robertson Road
- 28: Strathdon City Centre <-> Strathdon P&R, via: Reid Street, Strathdon Hospital and Foxglove Estate
- 49: Strathdon City Centre <-> Carmyllie, via: Robertson Road, Strathdon P&R and Forties/Hillside Estates
- X49: Strathdon City Centre <-> Carmyllie, via: Queensway and Forties/Hillside Estates. (peak time only service Mon-Fri)
- 69A/69C: Strathdon P&R <-> Carmyllie Circular, via Strathdon Hospital & Forties/Hillside Estates.
In summary, what have I still to do?
- Finish the scenery. This isn't a big job.
- Path the last few junctions (strong coffee will be needed I think)
- Commence beta testing - whilst this is ongoing, I plan to optimise the worst areas of the map (mostly around the Park & Ride), retexture buildings, streamline add road signage, etc.
- Compile supplementary documents - a manual, PDF timetables, running boards, etc. Although many may see this as unnecessary, I feel it adds to the realism.
Thanks as always for the support, and remember to give the Facebook page a like!